F***ING thieves

Well another Datsun almost became a theft victim, I went out to my truck at around 2 in the afternoon. Went to stick my key in the door to unlock it when I noticed it was already unlocked. Look at my key lock bent up gave a glance inside and what do you know my steering column was on the floor and the seat. Opened the door and found some wires dangling. I've manged to hook the wires back up, put my column back together and everything works :cool:. So now I'm installing a alarm and a kill switch (Thanks Meanie for the hook up). Luckily who ever broke in was a idiot they didn't get the truck started thankfully, didn't take any of my tools on the seat they didn't even dig thru the glove box where I had probably 40 to 50 CD's in a case. Granted those don't do any good seeing as the truck hasn't had a stereo in it since I've owned it :lol:. What is up with people trying to take Datto's, I mean there was a couple nicer riced out Civic's and a Mitsubishi Eclipse not more then a couple of car spots down from me. All in all I'm thankful all I had todo was put some wires back together and I still got my Truck.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ricers are harder to steal. My 620 was stolen using only a screw driver... jam it in the lock and give it a realy good twist, crunch the door opens.... jam it in the ignition ... same thing. There's no steering lock on the stock 620 either so you could push it down the block to steal it.

I now have a 720 column (with steering lock) alarm and kill switch... fuck 'em!

That is one good thing about living in a Minnesota winter, the crime really drops when it gets cold outside. Low-life riff-raff basically get off the street in the cold, and people just generally don't want to find out if your old truck has a bad battery by trying to steal it. Besides, no one here even knows what a Datsun is, anyway.

I got broken into in downtown porland buy some scum ass. They got my wallet and my wifes purse as well as the phone. They were way out of view hidden but they still got them. Two other cars in the area had the same thing happen. Should have carried them with us but we were doing a marathon for cancer.....how rewarding was that. They didnt try to take the truck, radio, CD's even easy cash sitting in the cup holder. Now I leave nothing but the radio and CD's which I can replace.

On another note my wife laughed at me when I said I want an alarm for my 521 for Cristmas.....this is good proof why I need one.

KIMBER......45 :fu:

Jester

thanks....

hate thieves. really sucks when they rip off other hard working people who dont have much anyway (we restore datsuns :fu:) its unfortunate... and we can only one day hope they learn the error of their ways.