need cylinder head specs

Braden

so i take my head to the machine shop the other day you have probably never heard of it, CORNETT MACHINE SHOP, its been around a long time and is located in somerset ky, they used to build race engines for THE jack roush back in the day, anyways i take my head up there to see if it is out of spec and they didnt even check it they just put it on a belt sander then they couldnt even tell me how much they took off of it, they said less than .002" but i dont beleive shit, what i need is the measurment of the head height,the distance in inches or millimeters from where the valve cover contacts the head to the head gasket mating side, hopefully it will be in spec so i dont have to shim the towers. do nto ever take shit to these jerkoffs, if you dont spend 245,000,343 for an all balls racing engine they dont give 2 shits about you or your engine, they dont measure surface finish or shit, pisses me off man.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i take my head to the machine shop the other day you have probably never heard of it, CORNETT MACHINE SHOP, its been around a long time and is located in somerset ky, they used to build race engines for THE jack roush back in the day, anyways i take my head up there to see if it is out of spec and they didnt even check it they just put it on a belt sander then they couldnt even tell me how much they took off of it, they said less than .002" but i dont beleive shit, what i need is the measurment of the head height,the distance in inches or millimeters from where the valve cover contacts the head to the head gasket mating side, hopefully it will be in spec so i dont have to shim the towers. do nto ever take shit to these jerkoffs, if you dont spend 245,000,343 for an all balls racing engine they dont give 2 shits about you or your engine, they dont measure surface finish or shit, pisses me off man.

107.9mm or 4.248" valve cover to block.

• 2 weeks later...