Look what I brought back

I've known this buddy of mine since he was 15 and that was, hell, that was '75? Wow time flies. Anyway on my trip to Ontario last week I drop by to go on about those 'glory days' like all old bastards and I mentioned that I now have a Datsun car. He jumps up and runs down to his library and hands be this by Peterson's copyright '78 ....

Datsunbooks002Large.jpg

All kinds of neat shit in it. And this!!! Bonvo you'd better sit down.......

A '74 610 FSM!

DatsunbooksLarge.jpg

And it gets better. He says he has a 510 FSM somewhere and will look for it. Many thanks to Pete near Little Britain Ontario.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That first book is pretty cool. We should really post up a thread some where of our datsun book collections. Showing what kind of books are out there and what to search for.

I picked up a similar book that is for most of the import cars/trucks of the 70's and even shows off some pretty interesting customs like a Turbo 240Z. Also lists some basic maintenance tips as well. A cool book with some cool guides to imports of the early 70's and some history on each model.

Anyways, thats a good find.

Some old timer gave me this book after he sold his 510:............. is it rare?

DSCN1352.jpg

He also gave me this book: ........ .. SO much good info on front suspension geometry,, and race car prep

DSCN1409.JPG

The top book doesn't seem to be too rare. I've met a few people that have it. Just noticed yours is engines. I haven't seen any of those. Most of the ones I've seen are Chassis and Body. Engines book could be kinda rare?

The lower book is pretty rare, although it hink that version is missing some stuff an earlier edition had. But still pretty hard to find for a reasonable price. :lol:

Got a green & white 1973 Datsun 1600 Service Manual and as soon as I can get the pic off my phone I'll post it up here.....nott enough coffee yet this AM :blink:

• 4 weeks later...