New Datsun Guy

ive been looking for a project truck for some time now and i came across a pretty darn good deal so i snagged it up, please welcome my 75 620

datsun.jpg?t=1278054128

datsun1.jpg?t=1278054195

it already runs great, and im trying to do as much research as possible, i want to put a 5 speed in it for sure, and the doors have a gooooood chunk of rust, and the interior isnt much to speak of ethier, but the body is pretty darn straight and it runs great.

i just had a couple first questions, is there a really good site to get most if not all the parts i need for the interior, well all parts also? and what all 5 speeds swap over.

Thanks guys

Robert

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first off welcome to ratsun..second u came to the right place the guys here are great and very helpful...let me just say hot shit u got a good plateform to start with...oh and there very big pic sluts here give them a cpl they'll want a ton more lol..as far as parts we all try to help each other out. good luck with the project and welcome again

First off, what transmission does it currently have.........if yo uare running an automatic, it will take a little more to swap it to a 5 speed than if you have a 4 speed manual and want a 5 speed...........whats the interior like? We need some more slutty pics.........or wait are we pic sluts...........ok i am confused..........

Bill

Trannys that will pretty much drop in if you have a 4 speed now.:

Well there are lots of L 5 spds to choose from beside the 280z. As stated there is an exact match used in the '77-'78 620 but if you don't care about different 1, 2, 3 and 5th gear ratios the '79 620, '80 2wd 720, '79-'80 280zx and '80-'83 non turbo, and the '79-'84 Maxima 5 speeds (gas and diesel) will fit an L 4 cylinder too.

Nice truck.

thanks for the info guys, what about motor and tranny swaps is that just the 280 powerplant also, im looking to keep a 4 cyclinder but looking to make it run at highway speeds with ease.

also i found a couple sites for parts, i think my rockers are fine and my bedsides and all that are good, but the bottoms of my doors are pretty ate up, and the bottom on my front fenders, i have found fenders no problem, but as far as maybe door skins or even lower door panels would be fine, is there anyone that makes any of that? http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/datspup.html has lower door skins for 80-86 pup but not for the 620s. im also concerned about not finding the trim rings for the headlights. i found a donor truck up near dallas but i cant get ahold of the guy.

well heres some more pics for yall, the interior is going to be my biggest thing at the moment, trying to get all the gauges to work and all that good stuff. and get rid of that aweful steering wheel lol.

i picked it up near houston and unloaded it and havnt touched it since ive been busy, but ill start tearing into it soon!

2010-07-02_18_54_13.jpg?t=1278117087

2010-07-02_18_53_33.jpg2010-07-02_18_53_16.jpg?t=12781170862010-07-02_18_53_01.jpg?t=12781170862010-07-02_18_52_00.jpg?t=1278117086

OK, 4 speed.

Any of the 5 speeds I listed will pretty much 'drop in' and work. Use either the 4 or the 5 speed clutch arm but use the 4 speed release bearing carrier or housing because it is matched to the clutch that is in it now, (with new bearing of course!) otherwise all the 4 speed stuff, master, slave, shift lever, will work on the 5 speed.