620 radiator

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they the same as the 510's? I'm guessing not, what about the 720's? I have to go and pick my new KC up today but I need a radiator for it. Local yard has a 720 radiator.Any help is appreciated.

-Brett

What engine are you running? IIRC, the Z20/Z22 motor that would reside in the 720 has a different setup for the inlet and outlet, but I haven't been under the hood of a 720 for 15 years...

L-Series radiators can be fitted much easier, so to answer your question a 510 radiator should work in your 620.

• Like 1

Interesting fact I discovered at Canby this year. Early 620's have the upper hose location on thopposite side of the later 620's.

The 720 radiator I got has the upper in the same location as the early 620. The 720 radiaator is much wider than the 620 radiator.

What truck are you picking up?

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='16 June 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1276708937' post='315237']

Interesting fact I discovered at Canby this year. Early 620's have the upper hose location on thopposite side of the later 620's.

The 720 radiator I got has the upper in the same location as the early 620. The 720 radiaator is much wider than the 620 radiator.

What truck are you picking up?

I picked up a 78 KC, original paint, lowered, decent body, registered, needs interior. It needs a radiator to drive it home. I have one out of my 510 if I can just make it work for the hour drive home. I figure it I can get a bolt or 2 in, I can wire the rest up...

• Like 1

I picked up a 78 KC, original paint, lowered, decent body, registered, needs interior. It needs a radiator to drive it home. I have one out of my 510 if I can just make it work for the hour drive home. I figure it I can get a bolt or 2 in, I can wire the rest up...

620KC.jpg

Picked it up for $500...she's got AC too

• Like 1
2eDeYe' date='16 June 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1276712302' post='315265']

Nice looking truck, I'd give the 510 radiator a shot until you can find a correct late 620 radiator for it. They cool well.

All I need it to do is make it to my shop 1 hour away. Thanks for the advice

Yup, the early 620 had the top inlet on the pass side then switched to the driver's side. The '80 720 had an L20B but I don't remember which side the top inlet is on. All other 720s were on the pass side and were similar to the L rad (thick double core) but slightly wider and don't fit the 620 very well. The later ('83 and up?) were very thin, and likely single core, taller and way wider. The 720 headlights are further apart than the 620 and it reminds me of a KA rad I have.,

Made it back without any issue. Was able to get one bolt in the radiator, and wired the rest real good. Worked great. Has a good size oil leak and the carb isn't in the greatest shape. I'm going to clean out the idle circuit and see if it will idle then. Damn thing drives down the road great for a $500 truck. No complaints here. Thank you all for the help.

-Brett

... the carb isn't in the greatest shape. I'm going to clean out the idle circuit and see if it will idle then.

-Brett

Check that the idle cut solenoid has 12 volt on the red wire to it when key is turned on. You should hear a click sound when the key is turned to on. If it's not working there will be no fuel getting to the idle circuit no matter what you do to the carb.

Check that the idle cut solenoid has 12 volt on the red wire to it when key is turned on. You should hear a click sound when the key is turned to on. If it's not working there will be no fuel getting to the idle circuit no matter what you do to the carb.

And once again, datzenmike is right. Idle cut solenoid-no 12 volts. Thanks Alot!

-Brett

Is the a/c still intact and all there?? I have a 77 with a/c and the compressor is missing along with the lines...i found one but need some pictures of lines and such.......also in the a/c stuff mounted to the r/h inner fender is what looks to be an hour meter?? anyone know what this was for? Can't find any reference to it in the Factory manual..?