Just picked a New 521

chris67

Here is a photo of my new project she is running driving complete rust free 72 I already put on some 18" centerlines.

She is completely torn apart for body and paint. I will be bagging her soon. I got her as a project to go with my daughter's convertible 67 520. (2nd photo)I also scored a new frame complete front clip and motor/trans to finish her truck.

IMG00210-20100528-2006.jpgPicture182-1.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where did u get that 521 from it looks familiar? there was 2 guys back in the 80's in northern cali that went 2 my high school that had 1 each. 1 was a teacher the other was a student. same color on both

Well change of plans not going to bag her I have owned bagged mini trucks for almost 15 years and since my c-10 is already bagged i think i will stick with a static drop and spend the extra money on paint and body work.

SHE IS SITTING MUCH BETTER NOWbiggrin.gif

IMG00215-20100530-1326.jpg

chris, any chance on specs as far as tire size and amount of blocks/leaf removal on the rear suspension?

215/35/18 in the front

225/40/18 in the rear

removed the overload and two leafs (still has two)

I am looking for some opinions leave the paint as is (wifes idea) for now (a year or two) or paint it as planned?

I kind of like the "rat rod" look its has now I would add some shop emblems on the doors.

Welcome to Ratsun, pleasur to see another truck lover!

Great 521 and love the visor & hood scoop on the 520. Any info on the scoop & visor would be appreciated. Can not wait to see what you do with the 521 after seeing your Chevy & 520.

Welcome to Ratsun, pleasur to see another truck lover!

Great 521 and love the visor & hood scoop on the 520. Any info on the scoop & visor would be appreciated. Can not wait to see what you do with the 521 after seeing your Chevy & 520.

the 520 was built locally (central oregon) back in the early 80's as for the hood scoop its from a 60's muscle car not sure which one right now the mirrors are from the same car. The visor was laying in the back with all the trash when i saved it from the trash pile it was rotting in so I am not sure but it fits perfectly.
  • 2 weeks later...

I decided to go with the burgandy with a white top.I have a little body work left and then paint and put her all back together. I sprayed some white primer on to roof to see if I liked it.

Picture188-1.jpg

Picture187-2.jpg

Picture189-1.jpg

Is that a new windshield? and is it urethaned in now?

Im liking the look of the side windows with out the wing windows.

and can we get some pics of the convertible trucks seals and latches, Im seriously thinking of a convertible on my 521

Is that a new windshield? and is it urethaned in now?

Im liking the look of the side windows with out the wing windows.

and can we get some pics of the convertible trucks seals and latches, Im seriously thinking of a convertible on my 521

Nope its not new picked up two of them when i got the 521 there is no side glass in my truck yet. I will take photos of the convertible tomorrow. We got the new motor into the frame and tomorrow will be swapping the convertibles cab and bed over.