NEED CARB HELP!! Video attached.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak for the Weber, I don't know and am not familiar with them. On the Hitachi there is a tendency for a hot L20B to 'run on' after the key is turned off. Sort of like a diesel, the heat and compression will fire the cylinder without spark. To stop this, a solenoid is placed in the idle circuit and when the key is turned off the fuel flow stops and the motor has to stall. As long as the key is on fuel can get to the idle circuit.

However (again on the Hitachi only I don't know about the Weber) above idle the throttle plate moves up and vacuum is removed from the idle circuit and flow stops while driving.

So wait, the fuel cut off only cuts off fuel at idle and still allows fuel flow above idle?? Because if that is so, that would explain all of my problems perfectly.

No....the Weber solenoid only shuts fuel down when you turn off your engine...... for dieseling purposes only.

Unless you have a couple of vacuum switches under the hood.....that's all it's capable of doing.