Can you say "N.O.S." ?????

smelt240

Ive mentioned on a couple other threads that my 1971 510 came with a "lot" of NOS parts. Well,I started going thru the first box,to see what was actually included. This was box 1 of approx. 10-12.( I also showed these pics in my 411 build thread,but thought they should be here too)

//NOS001.jpg[/img]

//NOS002.jpg[/img]

//NOS003.jpg[/img]

Needless to say,I was pretty shocked! I knew there was a lot of good stuff,but this was awesome.Pretty much made my month!

Most of this will be used on the 71,and some will go to the 73 project.Ill post pics of more,as I sort thru everything.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only problem is they are both for the same side. I knew they were up there....You'll hate me now,I paid $800 for the whole car(the grey 71),with a few motors,trannies..etc,plus these boxes of parts...found the title from VA,showing 7200 miles in 1988....so its a 3 owner car,it was converted to manual by the second owner,and he changed the cluster. Im quite sure the orig cluster is in one of the boxes.

Only problem is they are both for the same side. I knew they were up there....You'll hate me now,I paid $800 for the whole car(the grey 71),with a few motors,trannies..etc,plus these boxes of parts...found the title from VA,showing 7200 miles in 1988....so its a 3 owner car,it was converted to manual by the second owner,and he changed the cluster. Im quite sure the orig cluster is in one of the boxes.

That is a score any way you slice it! Especially for an east coast car!

Not really a for sale thread,Im doing a fairly extensive resto on the grey car,but I WOULD trade one for the opposite side...not that anyone out there has two opposites of mine :(

will be on the look out for a dr side for ya

The scariest thing is I have owned this car for almost 5 years,and havent gone thru any of it-til I was ready to get building.I primed it to keep rust away,and cleaned the interior out,there is a new interior minus seats and a headliner on my shelf too,it was included with the car.... Now that the 411 is almost done-Its 510 time.

not only that but alot of stuff that isnt even 510 stuff i see b210 badges late model 620 fender badges 610/710 grill badge 610 "180b" overseas badge then there is the obvious nissan badges that arent old enough for a 510 i wish you had 2 of the 180b emblems i would probibly try and buy them from you but the one looks like the mounting tabs are gone

Yeah,there are a lot of different emblems,most of the parts are for the 510,the guy also had a B210 that he raced,and a couple of S12 race cars,and the 620 that I also bought. He was losing his eyesight due to some other health issues,and he just packed the boxes up,without really looking at what was there. I am going back over to see if I can track him down,he was in a nursing home last I knew. I tried to go take him for a ride in the 411,but he was on dialysis that day,and now the car is torn down. Im hoping to buy everything else that was there,Ill know whats going on in a few days

Good News!!! We were just driving by my friend Gary's house (who I bought the grey 510 and all the parts from). My wife hit the brakes,and said-"He's there!" So we spun around and stopped in. He got out of the assisted living facility,and is home again. We talked Datsuns for a few hours,and he started rummaging around. Not alot more NOS stuff,few misc things I will need. The big news is the books! At least 25 old Datsun books! There is even one from the competition department for the 1200 from Oct 1975! It has the full size blueprints for the 1200 race cars! All the brackets,suspension,its all there,and never cut out!Lots of service manuals,510 competition manuals,race logs,all kinds of interesting stuff.I got an original first print "How to modify Datsun 510 240z etc" book off him,plus we found all of the original seats for the grey car,in decent condition....all in all-its been a good day! :D