i'm looking a running datsun

i live in eugene, OR and i want a daily driver thats already running....but nothing fancy. i really want a 610 sedan....but thats a whole other story....i would be happy with anything,(210, 510, 710, stanza, z, or pickup) aslong as we dont have too much rust, and a clean-ish title. if its auto, i'll be way down, but im really not too picky right now, i just want my first Datsun!!! i have a few hundred $$$ right now, i know i'll need more, but if anyone has something that you're trying to get off your hands, or you just want to help out a fellow Datsun lover, hit me up, and lets make a deal!

-much love-

thanks everybody, i'm happy i finally joined ratsun!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your eyes peeled on craigs list! There was a 620 king cab up in yelm for 100 dollars. Think its gone now, but i bet it wouldn't have taken much to get it driving.

hey thanks for the update! ive been looking all night online for something, started searching portland and salem cuz its like a needle in a haystack here...but i guess thats everywhere huh?

whats a good first datsun to wrench on?

Hard call.

L series engines are pretty simple though. Get what you can afford, but be careful what you buy. Spend to little money on a shit box and you will end up spending a LOT getting it road worthy or nice. Eugene eh? If you find something maybe another long time datsuner can come with you and check something out with you to see its worth purchasing. No, I'm not volunteering i live way to far away to swing down there lol. Good luck.

A 510 is a great one to learn on! My first datsun didnt have a motor or interior or a steering wheel! Careful though, after the first one you will wake up and find a few more here and there in your yard and a bunch of parts you just know your going to need someday.

just come buy my truck dick :fu:

Yeah yeah its got rust but your taling about a 30+ year old vehicle thats not made of plastic or carbonfiber, and it dosnt help that you live in the NW.

Any datsun you find for under 1000 that is a complete car is going to have some rust.Unless you get damn lucky.

Check CL in all of OR and check the southern parts of WA, and northern CA. ill help you go get somthing if its way far away.Your really lucky you live were you do.I know its hard to find a datsun but trust me you can ask just about anyone on this forum that the NW is the place to be if you want to find a datsun. try going east and see what happens.

i live in eugene, OR and i want a daily driver thats already running....but nothing fancy. i really want a 610 sedan....but thats a whole other story....i would be happy with anything,(210, 510, 710, stanza, z, or pickup) aslong as we dont have too much rust, and a clean-ish title. if its auto, i'll be way down, but im really not too picky right now, i just want my first Datsun!!! i have a few hundred $$$ right now, i know i'll need more, but if anyone has something that you're trying to get off your hands, or you just want to help out a fellow Datsun lover, hit me up, and lets make a deal!

-much love-

thanks everybody, i'm happy i finally joined ratsun!

Welcome to Ratsun!

skunk - wasn't there that 610 sedan near your place, the greenish one. Was it running?? May be a good candidate for the new guy.

the new guys a friend of mine, and iv told him of that 610. As far as it runing, owner says yes just needs alt and voltreg.Also would need some tires and a battery.

Might be a good deal, even needing those parts. If I were to buy another Datsun today, I would factor for new tires, battery and alternator. As for the voltage reg, it would be a great time to upgrade to IR, and skip that nonsense.

plus its been sitting for over a year, maybe even 2 by now, so who knows what else is wrong until you get it started. i think he is going to talk to her about it though.

jas-ifras, you know my affinity for the 610 model, especially the sedan :) What was the asking price on it, something obscenely low, right...?

There is an orange 620 longbed in my neighborhood for sale. It runs and the guy wants $550 for it. Looks like a straight truck with minimal rust. Look on craigslist for it.

It runs but I'm not totally sure how well it will do driving all the way down to Oregon. Maybe opening it up on the freeway will fix all its rough running issues! :)

I think groatd had a 620 FS, not sure if he still has it. Sweet Home.

skunk's KC is a great candidate actually. It's got the factory goods, discs, 5 speed and an L20. It needs some stuff, but if you buy it and fix it yourself, then you know what you've got. Pretty much any Datsun you find is going to cost you double or more what you paid for it to get it roadworthy. There might be an untouched rig left out there, but it's either been sitting or was parked for good reason. Yeah, datto's are all over the PNW, but that just means a $500 Datsun really is a $500 Datsun.

If you were more adventurous I've got a 521 waiting for some love...

Welcome to ratsun. Like jas says, it's like an infection. I'm not sure there is any treatment available...

she wants like $500 for it

:( Shameful. There is one in much worse condition down here, a '74. The guy won't budge from his $2500 asking price. I can get 5 up there for that price...

I think groatd had a 620 FS, not sure if he still has it. Sweet Home.

skunk's KC is a great candidate actually. It's got the factory goods, discs, 5 speed and an L20. It needs some stuff, but if you buy it and fix it yourself, then you know what you've got. Pretty much any Datsun you find is going to cost you double or more what you paid for it to get it roadworthy. There might be an untouched rig left out there, but it's either been sitting or was parked for good reason. Yeah, datto's are all over the PNW, but that just means a $500 Datsun really is a $500 Datsun.

If you were more adventurous I've got a 521 waiting for some love...

Welcome to ratsun. Like jas says, it's like an infection. I'm not sure there is any treatment available...

Yea jnco has been my friend since highschool....i spread the infection to him, thus his need for a datsun.

Yea jnco has been my friend since highschool....i spread the infection to him, thus his need for a datsun.

i've had the bug for awhile now....i think since middle school when i got to drive in my first 510....she was hot and older than me, and she loved datsuns....still does i think. that was my frist time ;)

later i realized the jdm thing in highschool, and the bluebird...... so the snowball effect started... s12, s13, rps13, s14, s15, r32(the one i will some day own), r33, r34....and the wagons......oh my god!! then i realized all the swaps that were happening, and how lucky i was to see datsun's everyday on the road here in the NW. Super Street magizine has also highlighted datsun's over the past 7 years of me getting there publication, i read it every morning....if you know what i mean....

i cant say i don't love honda or toyota....but nissan has been making cars that i've truly fallen in love with.....and the only cure is to start working on my first.

i can't wait to to show u guys what i find!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.