rb26 Z

Stony

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Love the sound at idle. bet that is going to sound really good at about 7500 RPM.

That was funny when your daughter ran by with a big ol grin :lol:

OOPS quoted myself. :lol:

• 11 months later...

Yep been back since march and went ahead and retired after 26 years ;> enjoying civilian life now... Its kinda weird. Never knew what it felt like to know that at any moment i could be out on the street. The job i have now is pretty secure so its not that bad but still. The thought is there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a little update. I decided to get rid of the HKS vpro and sold it to a friend of a friend in japan who has the same setup as me. then i bought the AEM series 2 EMS.

I was going to just get a stock rb26 harness and modify it. Then i came across wiring specialties. I told them what i needed and they were very happy to help. My harness shipped today so hope to be able to update with some dyno figures and video very soon.

I have been talking with Yuri at Wiring specialties and i have to say their customer service is awesome. I would highly recommend to anyone if you have any kind of rb/sr, or any other swap for that matter, in mind check them out. The daunting job of wiring a swap will be made allot easier not to mention I will have a new harness with all new connectors and not have to worry about a 20 year old wire harness!!!!

Got the new wiring specialties engine harness installed the way i wanted today, then tore it all back out to get the intake manifold IAT bung welded in. The AEM sensor is allot bigger then the stock gtr IAT ;<.

Hope to have The car running again by sat !!!

eng7.jpg

eng6.jpg

eng5.jpg

eng3.jpg

eng1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the AEM series 2 computer installed and running now!!! hope to have it on the dyno next week for some initial tuning. but unless i drive down to vegas wont see any track time till next year.

Well the engine compartment is back together for what i hope is the last time before heading to the dyno.

2012-11-17001712.jpg

2012-11-17001745.jpg

My wife bought the oil cap for Xmas last year. Initially i was like there is not way that's gonna fit.. but was quite happy when it did. really make it look better!!!

2012-11-17001817.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...