peel and seal?

i see some people have used the peel and seal roofing material in place of expensive sound deadenr like fat mat or dyna seal.

I am curious on how well it workded out for any one that used it, i had a local guy tell me it stinks like roof tar.

I am just looking for a budget minded sound and heat insualtion before i put the interior back in my truck

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see some people have used the peel and seal roofing material in place of expensive sound deadenr like fat mat or dyna seal.

I am curious on how well it workded out for any one that used it, i had a local guy tell me it stinks like roof tar.

I am just looking for a budget minded sound and heat insualtion before i put the interior back in my truck

I used it in my 510 everywhere I could stick it! I has a slight smell when your putting it on but has gone away 100% after the carpet went in. It works GREAT as a heat shield and pretty good as a sound deadener. I personally recommend it big time if your on a budget. It sticks to anything like crazy and is easy to cut and work with. Some shots in my build:

Devil in a Blue Dress

And the original idea thread:

Sound Deadening on a Ratsun Budget

I used something like it called 'torch on' where I am. When warmed it will easily mold around corners and bends, easy to cut and you can heat with a torch and join pieces together. I got mine for free by asking at a construction site. They like to use full length rolls and don't care to join left over ends. Bonus. Light smell when new, cover with plastic sheeting and carpet.

i just put some in my 720 up the back wall i cant smell a thing. seriously what datsun doesnt have a smell of exhaust and gas anyways mildew anyways? just think of it as a air freshner lol! but ive had it in my goon for 2 yeras now and it doesnt smell at all.