What is this Z worth? 26k miles !!!(not a for sale thread) (yet...)

A co-worker of mine was asking me what I thought his Z would be worth. He's moving to Hawaii and can't take it with him.

He's the original owner and has kept it garaged the entire time!

Here's the specs:

1984 300zx Turbo (vg30 single turbo)

Auto trans

Factory installed body kit- paint matched

26,000 original miles !!!

Interior mint

Exterior mint

All numbers-matching original.

Original owner- title from 1980!

Never slept outdoors.

sorry, these are the only photos he had with him at work...

4dd3b275.jpg

4d208be8.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

I saw a couple craigslist ads for similar year/condition (but much higher miles) from $6500 to $12000.

Where do you think this one would fall?

Thanks for any input!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sure thats an 84?

that looks a Shiro body kit

shiroZ.jpg

The Shiro came with an exclusive "European" air dam, exclusive Pearl White paint, 16in wheels, super stiff suspension, Recaro seats, VG30ET, 5spd, and Viscous LSD.

but being an auto it looks like someone just added the Shiro kit

sure thats an 84?

that looks a Shiro body kit

shiroZ.jpg

The Shiro came with an exclusive "European" air dam, exclusive Pearl White paint, 16in wheels, super stiff suspension, Recaro seats, VG30ET, 5spd, and Viscous LSD.

but being an auto it looks like someone just added the Shiro kit

You know, i didn't think about that. It does look pretty damn close to a Shiro.

Wasn't the Shiro available in auto though? Or was it strictly manual?

You know, i didn't think about that. It does look pretty damn close to a Shiro.

Wasn't the Shiro available in auto though? Or was it strictly manual?

Shiro only came in a 5 speed and was made between 1/88 and 3/88

only 1002 made

Scratch that!! Can't be a Shiro unless the door handles have been painted.

"In 1988, the turbocharged Shiro Special debuted with pearl white paint, stiffer springs and matched shocks, heavy-duty anti-sway bars, a unique front air dam, paint matched wheels, Recaro seats with matching door panels, painted bumperettes, white painted doorhandles and a viscous, limited-slipdifferential. No other options were available for the Shiro, meaning all Shiros were identical. It was the fastest car out of Japan, capable of 153 mph (246 km/h) speeds, as tested by Motor Trend with the electronic speed limiter disabled.[2] A total of 1002 Shiro Special Z31s were produced for the US market between January and March 1988.[3] The Shiro Special is the rarest Nissan made Special Edition Z."

From wikipedia.

ya thats why I think it just has a Shiro styled kit.

Iv seen one Shiro in person, one of the guys in the Z club has one. pretty neat.

Yeah, you can tell the differences between pictures as well. The car looks like the rear flares farther then the shiro, not to mention the black handles, non color-matched rims and automatic.

I love the Shiro look. Surely unique for the time.

Yeah, you can tell the differences between pictures as well. The car looks like the rear flares farther then the shiro, not to mention the black handles, non color-matched rims and automatic.

I love the Shiro look. Surely unique for the time.

ya there cool

Yeah- he said he paid $3k extra when he bought it for the kit.

See? THIS is why I ask the questions HERE !!! :) A plethora of arcane knowledge... JK, thanks guys!

So, should i tell him to shoot for around $10k? I'm assuming if it were a true Shiro Edition, I would be worth more than that...?

Seems like a fair price at $10k

I would only argue that it does not look like it could be a 1984 or 85. Just the body style alone would put it in the 1987-89 range but that should only affect the value positively.

Yeah- he said he paid $3k extra when he bought it for the kit.

See? THIS is why I ask the questions HERE !!! :) A plethora of arcane knowledge... JK, thanks guys!

So, should i tell him to shoot for around $10k? I'm assuming if it were a true Shiro Edition, I would be worth more than that...?

can you snap a pic of the door plate and vin?

I'll see him tomorrow, so I'll get some specifics. It may be a couple days to get a vin# (I don't think he's super tech saavy, so digital camera+upload photo= maybe not... :) )

I'll see him tomorrow, so I'll get some specifics. It may be a couple days to get a vin# (I don't think he's super tech saavy, so digital camera+upload photo= maybe not... :) )

lol try and write down all the info on the build plate then, and the paint code sticker if you can find it.

Seems like a fair price at $10k

I would only argue that it does not look like it could be a 1984 or 85. Just the body style alone would put it in the 1987-89 range but that should only affect the value positively.

Yeah, that was my bad. I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but if it was an 84-85 it would have had the scoop on the hood driver side for the intercooler. '87 Seems more accurate.