WTB: SU Carbs for 4-Cyl(Round Tops)

Hey, so I'm pokin' around, curious if there are any SU carb setups out there that people are not using, or wanting to get rid of. Anyone have a decent set that they'd let go of for a ratsun price? I'd need the carbs, manifold, and cleaner(s) if you got em. PM me with whatcha got. Thanks!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so I'm pokin' around, curious if there are any SU carb setups out there that people are not using, or wanting to get rid of. Anyone have a decent set that they'd let go of for a ratsun price? I'd need the carbs, manifold, and cleaner(s) if you got em. PM me with whatcha got. Thanks!

Apparently, the fine print was too fine for some, so I enlarged and underlined the parts that weren't read. <_<

I've got a K14 manifold, isolators, heat shield, and 2 45mm round top Z carbs with the necessary linkage setup for a throttle cable, and 2 round 3" filters with chromed covers. This is a 38mm manifold slightly (and poorly) ported to match the carbs. Don't know how good they are, I've never used them and don't plan to. Will definitely need gaskets on both sides of the isolators.

What do you think the Ratsun price should be?

Guess I'm not sure what a K14 manifold is.. that setup seems pretty experimental. I'm looking for something I can bolt on. If it were a setup that needed to be cleaned or rebuilt, that'd be one thing. This sounds like a gamble. I may be interested in the manifold if it's not too butchered.

that setup seems pretty experimental. I'm looking for something I can bolt on. If it were a setup that needed to be cleaned or rebuilt, that'd be one thing.

It is a bolt-on... use Z carbs on a 4 cyl. Probably best used with an L20B, might be too much for an L16 on the street. However, we used to run them on our race L16s back in the day. In fact, I believe these were last used on a "vintage" race car. I have them only because I bought a pickup truck load of 510 parts from an old SCCA friend.

There were two SU manifolds for L-motors; K14 and 220. Here's a pic of the 220:

NOS_SU_carb_manifold_3_.JPG

Dunno what the differences are, other than the K14 has 'K14' cast into the manifold....duh.

The 220 manifold is more desireable. It does not have any smog ports on it.

The K14 manifold has smog ports on it, namely the big needle screw thing in the center to adjust for air into the manifold. I had some pic posted a while back on how to "desmog" the manifold. I will have to find it...

Ahhh, here we go...

Nissan_K14_Intake_Manifold.jpg

Good luck with the hunt. It seems that they are showing up more and more lately. The air cleaners are an easy fab, too...

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/5294-su-air-cleaners-for-a-ratsun-price/

Call Mario, he has a complete set except the air cleaner I believe, call him @ 3235594181

Call Mario, he has a complete set except the air cleaner I believe, call him @ 3235594181

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.