Oil pan piggy bank

A couple months ago I bought a '79 620 for the L20B and 5-speed for my '71 521... After handing over the cash and driving it on the car trailer we were on our way... This truck being a Calif. truck had all of the smog crap on it... I got it home and started looking at it closer and noticed that it was not an L20B but an L18 that someone had moved all of the smog onto... Pulled the engine and trans, pulled all of the smog crap off and got it ready for the 521... when I pulled the 620 oil pan off I found 24 cents (1 dime, 2 nickels , and 4 pennies) in the bottom... Never heard of change in the bottom of an oil pan before...

Just thought this was all a weird experience...

Later

Jamie

"Haubstr"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some dork was leaning over the head setting the valves I mean wondering what happened, or w/e and the change spilled out of his pocket. Only a dork would have a shirt with a pocket right? ... and with coins in it.:lol:

Hey, I've got an oops that applies... On one of my former Datsun I had to pull the head off for whatever reason and I used the end of a wood broom stick to hold the timing chain in place. Well, I apparently did whatever I needed to do with the head and installed it back on... Fired it up , ran great and was happy as a dork...5,000 miles later, I had to reseal the valve cover gasket as it was starting to leak... Once I got the valve cover off, I looked down between the timing chain wondering "what the hell is that!!!???". I grab my channel locks and grabbed on to the end of it and pulled it out... Can you guess what I pulled out...? A well worn wood broom stick end. At first I thought who was the idiot that did this...? After I re-wound the tape back 5,000 miles or so, I realized it was me :o No harm, no foul. It didn't do any damage to the engine :lol: I'd like to see someone here "one-up-me" on this one.

On my 74 toyota hilux , I had to do the head gasket , just as I was warping up I decide to put on a polished valve cover I had stashed in the back yard. Well I Pulled it out and put it on, what i didnt do was look underneath it . It was full of pine needles .

Anyways a few months later the engine craped out again, when I pulled it apart there were pine needled everywhere in that engine ,even up in the oil galleries.

• 1 month later...