nice lil score

JDM510

so i have a nice factory 620 tach with harness found it in my archives... im going to clean it up and post some pics... the lens has one crack but you can barley notice it til you look hard enough... just putting a feeler if any one is looking for one.... pm me and it can be yours... or trade for a 510 factory tach :lol:

junkyarddog001.jpg

junkyarddog002.jpg

junkyarddog003.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so i have a nice factory 620 tach with harness found it in my archives... im going to clean it up and post some pics... the lens has one crack but you can barley notice it til you look hard enough... just putting a feeler if any one is looking for one.... pm me and it can be yours... or trade for a 510 factory tach :lol:

what year factory tach for 510? did the 68's have them?

you may have a 1200 tach or a 620 tach with 1200 lens....

my last 620 has a 1200 tach in it and matched the other gauges pretty well... however i sold that tach...

this one will prolly go up on e bay in the next few days if my higher offers dont come threw...

I found my 620 ? tach with a flat lens so I trimmed one of the dual cones from a spare gauge set and 'glued' it on. Looks just fine.

I got the whole instrument cluster (with tach) for $5...... sucker bitch!!!! :lol:

The 1200 and 620 (73-75) used the same tach internals and were a dealer option or add on part, though the part number was different because of the lens and maybe the case. The REAL 620 one always had the conical lens with the hole in it for setting the clock (the same lens was used for the tach and clock) as well as the spade on the bottom for bolting it to the dash. I don't know if the 1200 one had that spade. 1200s had flat lenses.

Later 620 ones used an entirely different wiring setup, that plugged in to the existing harness. '76-79 trucks have the harness for it (it's wired for both the clock and tach); the rest do not (the one pictured above is a late type). Early tachs are inductive and have to be installed with the wiring in-line with the coil (the same way 510 and 240Z tachs are wired).

I found my 620 ? tach with a flat lens so I trimmed one of the dual cones from a spare gauge set and 'glued' it on. Looks just fine.

I got the whole instrument cluster (with tach) for $5...... sucker bitch!!!! :lol:

That's what I'm going to do to mine.

$5? :hyper: