Yellow lights from Mercedes

Nice140Y

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i remeber back in the day when i put the mercedes lights in my car it caused a short cuz the housings where metal and the stock high beams are all glass.. i ended up wiring them on a switch to make them work... idk jsuty throwing it out their......

9K is way beyond white light. It is pink/mauve and is less bright than a 4,300K bulb.

Degrees Kelvin indicates the color temperature only. Higher Kelvin ratings do NOT mean more light! The most light output, 3,200 lumens, (about 3 times that of halogen) is in the 4300 K range. 6000K is about 2,800 lumens and continues to drop as the Kelvin number increases. The whole idea of HID is more light to see with, at least it is with me. 10,000K (2,200 lumens, or only twice that of halogen) is a step back from 6,000K and it is a step back from the industry standard of 4,300K. Anything higher is about that 'blue HID' look (or purple or pink)

I got the mercedes high beams on my dime .. I stole them off my roomates broke down mercedes that was in front of the house .. then I decided to fix the mercedes and im driving it around daily with missing fogs (see non datsun section).. :rolleyes:

As for the short the best thing to do is spray the backs of the lights with rubberized undercoating ... then you are good to go. You also have to cut down one of the tabs on the back.. but I like the look of the merc lights over most others .. im looking for another set now for my mercedes ...

go to pick and pull 4 bucks a piece

and the tabs on the back all need to be cut but not all the way only the first step. there are two steps on the tabs ones bigger then the other. cut the small portion off and they fit snug. and yes you will have to reverse the wiring or they will blow a fuse.

i am actually putting 3k hid 55w in mine right now i need to relay them though not enough power lol.

go to pick and pull 4 bucks a piece

and the tabs on the back all need to be cut but not all the way only the first step. there are two steps on the tabs ones bigger then the other. cut the small portion off and they fit snug. and yes you will have to reverse the wiring or they will blow a fuse.

i am actually putting 3k hid 55w in mine right now i need to relay them though not enough power lol.

If you go below 4,500K the light starts to become intensely YELLOW. Great for fog lights.

I had a problem recently with my yellow lights with metal case. The metal was causing a parasitic ground through the metal housing (short) and it resulted in all the headlights coming on all the time. This was due to the design of the PL510 headlight switching (I believe the headlight switch uses ground to control the headlights).

To alleviate this, I used some layers of electrical tape to insulate the metal headlight from the headlight housing on the car side.

Spook.jpg

yeah i used the tape to and it wasz fine till it wore threw to the metal and started making things wierd again!!!!

if you want a good yellow high beam get the bmw projectors and paint them yellow.... or jsut get yellow bulbs like me and have a clear light but yellow at night... now thats cool :cool: