WTB semi- cheap, reliable transpo

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

Toyota died today. Need a new DD. Has to be able to go 75+ miles everyday no prob, pref 4 cyl for MPG's since it'll be used as a commuter. Any leads would be great.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Toyota died today. Need a new DD. Has to be able to go 75+ miles everyday no prob, pref 4 cyl for MPG's since it'll be used as a commuter. Any leads would be great.

HOW many times Did I say to CHANGE THE TIMING BELT??????????????????????????????????????????????? Jackass!!!!!!! Make fun o me for driving a Hondar At least I do maintanace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
Guest DatsuNoob

:rolleyes: yeah, if the timing belt had snapped, then you'd be correct! But it DIDNT BREAK ASSHOLE!!! I always do all my own maint. I have to I'm poor :D

Guest kamakazi620

:rolleyes: yeah, if the timing belt had snapped, then you'd be correct! But it DIDNT BREAK ASSHOLE!!! I always do all my own maint. I have to I'm poor :D

Then WTF wrong???????? OH its a Toyogurt!!!!!!!! Buy an F'n Hondar YO!!!!!!

• Like 2

If your willing to let go of any kind of pride I would recommend an early 90's Saturn SL. Super easy to work on and theres a ton of them in the J Y for parts. You got 4 or 5 in your local CL for under $800 right now. I got mine ten years ago after my ex-wife thought she seized the motor, I went out and added 4 quarts of oil and drove it home. Now granted it goes though oil like mad but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it any were. its got 220000 mile on it now and 100000 of those I did since I got it ten years ago. I kinda wish it would die, I would like a change. Just a thought.smile.gif

PS. try to avoid the ones with automatic belts, they suck.

Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah, I hear good things about Saturn in spite of their somewhat boring nature as just simple basic transportation. I hear they're reliable as all hell, just as my Corolla was. Went and checked out a Mini today. Just may get it, not sure yet. Hainz, keep in mind im only a 2 year mechanic. I'm still poor :D

Sh!t Buy a nice old Datto Truck with a L motor in it! Prolly grab it for under 1k and it will run FOREVER! and you will get 20+ MPG :thumbup:

Sh!t Buy a nice old Datto Truck with a L motor in it! Prolly grab it for under 1k and it will run FOREVER! and you will get 20+ MPG :thumbup:

What do you mean 20+MPG? My 76 gets 30mpg after I rejetted the Weber! I just wish I had it ready to sell, so I could help out. It will be a while since I can't do squat til I recover from my back surgery.:P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.