• Where's your tire?
    • Theres a scratch. What did you do?
    • HOLY SHIT.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the extent of the damage just yet. But you are correct, the lugs jumped ship.

I know theres a noise in the front end, because that old girl..... well....

Lets just say we jacked her up, put the tire back on and drove it him. lol

Shes a strong little fucker.

Well, as of right now it looks like the vibrations in the steering from the worn tie rod ends loosened up the lugs and they came off. I won't know the extent of the damage until morning.

GGGGEEESSSSEEE I am going to go check mine right now ! Good luck with the repair , and hope it is just a Band-Aid needed :cool:

Guest kamakazi620

Always Always Always Double check yer lug nuts!!!!!! after ya put on wheels and tires drive it for about 100-150 miles and RE tighten/Re torque!!!!!!! I had the SAME thing happen on a 1964 bel air I bought,Just bought it made it from corvallis on I-5 to 205 exit Threw a drivers wheel at 70!!!!! not fun!!!

• Like 11

Always Always Always Double check yer lug nuts!!!!!! after ya put on wheels and tires drive it for about 100-150 miles and RE tighten/Re torque!!!!!!! I had the SAME thing happen on a 1964 bel air I bought,Just bought it made it from corvallis on I-5 to 205 exit Threw a drivers wheel at 70!!!!! not fun!!!

Funny thing is, it was only 10 miles (if even that) from the last time it was tightened on.

good advice , I have on of dem nifty torque wrenches for that :D Fucking Bel-Air is one bad ass car :cool:

When I was going to school in AZ, in the undercar class we put axles in my Sentra. Way too many hands working on the same car. I'm driving home on the 10 and have a vibration, goes away the faster I go, chucked the wheel pulling into my driveway I had been going 85 2minutes earlier. That was the last time I ever let anyone else tighten my lug ntus.

I had bought some wheels & tires for my daughter a few years ago. (At Americas tire). Well to many dumb ass teenagers working on it and they didn't tighten up the lugs. My daughter is running down the freeway and it starts to shake. So she gets off freeway and calls me. I told her to hang tight I'll be right there.

Well ALL FOUR WHEELS WERE READY TO FALL OFF. I call a tow truck have it towed back. And raise hell with them.

Needless to say I've never been back there.

I had bought some wheels & tires for my daughter a few years ago. (At Americas tire). Well to many dumb ass teenagers working on it and they didn't tighten up the lugs. My daughter is running down the freeway and it starts to shake. So she gets off freeway and calls me. I told her to hang tight I'll be right there.

Well ALL FOUR WHEELS WERE READY TO FALL OFF. I call a tow truck have it towed back. And raise hell with them.

Needless to say I've never been back there.

Well, glad to hear it all worked out okay!!

The idiots at the shop that my brother took his truck to ended up using air tools to put on the lugs and broke one stud off.