how to change my lug pattern from 4.5 to 4x100

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sell your datsun and buy a honda.... done and done.... lol or buy rims that fit...

not only will the added space of those spacers be hell on your wheel bearings... but they offten come loose and i have seen people loose wheels.. soo use loctite and say a prayer

not only will the added space of those spacers be hell on your wheel bearings... but they offten come loose and i have seen people loose wheels.. soo use loctite and say a prayer

I've heard both sides of the fence on this one. I agree that cheapo ebay ones you'd probably want to steer clear of. However, I found a place in San Bernadino that pretty much guarantees they won't break: http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

As long as you can get ~6 turns on the lugs for the adapters, you should be okay. Another good rule of thumb is 1.5 diameters of engagement the nut on the thread.

Also, make sure the adapters are lug centric and not hub-centric.

I'm having trouble understanding how adding an adapter to a positive offset wheel is going to cause more bearing load than the same width wheel when the backspacing and front-spacing are the same...

1/2 the drift comunity uses bolt on spacers and their SR monsters and I've yet to see one fail. even the ebay ones. just make sure you get hubcentric ones or you can end up with a vibration that won;t go away.

I'm still not a fan of them but as long as you torque them properly and check them now and then they should be fine.

I love this. :lol:

I've been making 4X114-4X100 spacer adapters for at least 12 years now. I have yet to have one fail. Or cause any excessive wear on anything.

Yea mine are a little pricy but they work. As a matter of fact I'm making some as we speak. I'll try to get some action shots.