Ultimate road trip with my son.

Replaced the squeeky fan belt, new headlights, and front struts in Mrs datzen's Sundance to-day. Firmed up the ride and eliminated an annoying thump every time I drove over a tar bump in the road. I had thought it was the rubber mounts for the sway bar but not so sure now. Anyway on a hunch I pulled the bar from an '87 Chrysler Daytona Turbo and found that it's thicker than mine by 1/4 inch, woot! Got it for $10 and will put it on tomorrow. Snow tires next week.

Got to get it ready for a trip to Ontario right after X-mass. My son is moving there to live with his girl friend (yeah, I know) just try to remember what you were like when you were 20. :D All he's taking is a car full of computers, a sound system, lap top etc. etc. I plan on a stop near Calgary to visit his sister then on the road non stop to London Ontario. I'll stay and visit with my dad, he '87 now, and see a few old friends and come back alone. (sigh) But for a couple of days it will be: Two drivers, 2,800 miles, too cold to stop, sleep where you sit, Pink Floyd CD, the ultimate ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May i suggest "Dark Side Of The Moon":D. I love road trips....Used to take alot in my younger day's:D Sorta reminds me of animal house:cool:!!!!!

I wore out two Dark Side 8 tracks 'in the day'. Did you know Dark side of The Moon, holds the record (pun) for the fifth highest number of albums sold in the world? Alan Parsons engineered the sound. It is..... the best!

Road trips....FOR THE WIN! nothing is better than a road trip with close friends. I have more stories from my racing road trips than i do from any college party that i have ever been to. Have fun and drive safe (sometimes...you have to do a few stupid things along the way!)

I've driven across, and back, no less than 10 times I can remember. And waking up in N Dakota with ice on the wind shield, another night in a converted '69 school bus at a hot spring near Nakusp in February, the sweet smell of cut hay while looking at the stars in southern Saskatchewan at 3AM, seeing a wolf cross in front of me one morning near Shelby, Montana, and another, one night in the wilds of Minnesota. Spending a night in Brandon, Manitoba, Feb 14th, 20 below and passing through Bonner's Ferry, fixing a leaking tranny line in Deluthe. Seeing a state trooper pull up behind you in the rear mirror, while you are peeing into a paper cup. Full moon on the frost covered sage near Sweet Grass, Montana.

drive thru mission on the way back and stop by my place to see the 3 car datto farm!! pm me if ya want my number to let me know if youll be by.

Good idea! I'm hoping to be back around the 14th but with weather and such, no telling in advance what time I'll pass through. I'll PM you and get a number and carry it with me just in case.

BTW, took two hrs to swap the sway bar. Took it for a drive and feels firmer on hard snaps from L to R to L to R. Can't wait to try the hard right turn onto the entrance ramp of my son's apt. building.

That sounds like fun Mike! You're gonna need some road food, I like a bucket of KFC, mind the steering wheel gets greasy :eek:. I also like hot tea and stuff goin' too, too bad our club cruises don't give you a chance to enjoy "road food" while we're at it :( ......

Took a thermos and green tea bags once. Had a hard time getting hot water from a restaurant. Drank 20 cups of coffee, could hardly get to sleep my ears were ringing so bad. The all time worst coffee was at 12:45 PM in thunder Bay. I thought I could see through the carafe, it looked like the min. wage forgot the new basket of coffee and ran the water through the old grounds. I was right, and 86ed it on the highway to Nipigon. :fu:

Had some chicken in a little sh-- hole in North Dakota. Sat with a work shirt on among the farmer's sons, who drove up on their 8 tired John Deere's. It was about 4 in the afternoon and you could only see a few hundred feet because of the blowing dust and tumble weeds. My little Datsun was conspicuous among the tractors and farm trucks and all there knew, the owner was somewhere in the cafe. Damn, these guys were big!!