Hello everyone

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Datsun 1000, right? I love them and wish they sold them in the US! (I do have one from 1959, but it is a totally different beast.) Look forward to learning more about it!

Welcome, Hope it runs good, Canby is comming!! :D

Hi, what exactly is Canby? I'm guessing it's an event of some sort. Shame I'm in Vancouver Canada, don't think I've heard of that place.

It's a 1970/1969 with an a15 paired with a 4 speed from a 1200, DHLA side draft carb, electronic ignition, front disk brakes from a Nissan Multi.

Fisch, let's see a picture of yours? (Nevermind, saw the link in your sig)

How the heck do you even start to find parts for that thing? wow

Fisch, let's see a picture of yours? (Nevermind, saw the link in your sig)

How the heck do you even start to find parts for that thing? wow

That is the beauty of the 1959! Almost everything was copied from the Austin MG BMC crowd! The engine is a copy of the MGB 1500 engine, and that b-series was run all the way into the 1980's. The electronics are copied from Lucas stuff, so very easy to get (Except the damn wiper motor!)I am getting into the brakes cylinders and it looks so far like the internals are pretty easily sourced from other makes/ years too! It looks like you can swap kingpins with ones from a 521 truck if you need to go that route. (Which I probably will for a disk brake swap.)

For a car as rare as it is, I am amazed how easy is is to source stuff for it from other sources!

However, if your body sheetmetal is toast, you are in trouble!

I tell you what I love your 1000 though! I think if I could own any Datsun 'car' other than the '59 I would want one of those! (Well I want a Datun from the 30's more than anything!) My desire list order as of today is 1000 then 1200 then 510 then 411. If only I could get one!

Hi, what exactly is Canby? I'm guessing it's an event of some sort. Shame I'm in Vancouver Canada, don't think I've heard of that place.

the Canby show is a 3 day Datto show with an auto-x in Canby, Oregon (US)

Friday is the auto-x, Sat is the first day of the show and is just hanging out and checking out everyones stuff, camping at the show sat night (and Fri night too if you want), lots of hanging out with good datto friends with BBQs and beers in the evening/night. then you get up and start the show on sunday where its all the judging and more formal show bits.

this year is going to be a blast, we have alot of really sweet dattos and Ratsuners coming out this year. (theres an award for longest distance traveled to the show too)

if you can make it you can register at DatsunsNW.com

(theres 2 fields we park in, and thats just one...) and more pictures from last year

OregonCanby2009%20341.jpg

welcome.

small town in Oregon. annual west coast site of datsun fun.

border crossing has occured before