Got the 620 KC

Str8_69

Pulling into the drive in the new six-two-oh, thought I'd share. Got a pretty good deal on it, has a rebuilt L20, but does need a new pan gasket, 4 speed is very tight, already has a weber on it and actually goes like stink, but when yer used to a j13, a skateboard seems fast! Did new front brakes today, gonna be tinkering all day tomorrow. If there's any pdx ratsuners that have experience lowering 620's and need a few extra bux, I'd be happy to pay to drop this thing a few inches, I don't really have a lot of spare time to do it myself, but mostly don't have a flat area to have it on stands while I do it. I'll post more pics as I get her cleaned up more, and get the fug canopy off it, although it is a pretty nice canopy. :blink: Also lookin for wheels if anybody has any cool chit they wanna part with.... ;)

photo.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude- you gotta go for those staggered turbines!!! offer $50 and meet in the middle at 65ish

sweet truck btw- lowering is brainless- just some jackstands and a jack, wrenches, blocks, ubolts, beer....

Very nice KC. I seen that 1 on the list. I wanted it & if I remember rite the price was rite. Lose those mirrors, canopee, rear bumper, lower it & roll on in Datsun style! Sombody give this man some help.

Today's progress.. ditched the bumper and the canopy, took me an hour to get 4 rusty bumper bolt out. Good times.

100_2804.jpg

Spent a couple hours scraping tree pitch off the hood and roof, ugh.

100_2805.jpg

Engine compartment before needle removal..

100_2798.jpg

And after..

100_2807.jpg

Cleaned up the interior a bit, still gotta do the headliner. Got a funky old school altimeter bolted to the rear view, forgot to snap a pic though.

100_2806.jpg

And at home with the 521.

100_2810.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a canopy?? :D

The bumper is free. :huh: :huh:

2eDeYe' date='15 March 2010 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1268704571' post='278002']

That's a nice looking KC, looks familiar even :D

You know this truck ReDeYe? Far as I know it's been in Oregon it's whole life..

Want a free bumper? Ha! :lol: :lol:

Every now and then a nice one with an even nicer price comes along. This is one of those times. Good for you, you got it. She's a beaut.

Thanks Mike, Did get a pretty square deal on it. And it was less than 1/2 mile from my house! She's got some exterior rust, but the floors are good and it's pretty solid all around. Gonna be a great D/D!

Thanks Mike, Did get a pretty square deal on it. And it was less than 1/2 mile from my house! She's got some exterior rust, but the floors are good and it's pretty solid all around. Gonna be a great D/D!

You are right about "gonna be a great D/D"! I drive my 78kc more often than any of my other cars. I LOVE IT! That is a great looking truck! Enjoy it! :thumbup: