restore 620

carl

well about to start a restore on a 76 or 73 620 pickup. I got the 76 in kentucky and the 73 in orlando. the 76s body is in not the best of shape but the 73 is in great shape but does not run.these are pics of the 76. I will post pics of the 73 tomorrow.

th_Picture012.jpg

th_Picture020.jpg

th_Picture067.jpg

th_Picture064.jpg

th_Picture067.jpg

th_Picture059.jpg

th_Picture041.jpg

th_Picture008.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea I did that already 3inch in the back.but I want to restore it I have 2 trucks so I think I have all the parts I need.

Lower it more. :lol:

Kidding. Go get a pen and paper. Start writing down all of the things that you want to do to the truck. Write down everything, even wacky ideas, like lambo doors.*shudder*..., and then put them in a order that makes sence to you.

Guest DatsuNoob

Sounds like a good plan with the whole list thing. I'm doing a resto/custom 620 right now, and all I can say is it consumes every paycheck as well as every day of my life :D. Not trying to be a naysayer or anything, just beware of all the hidden costs is all I'm really saying. I didnt really know the full extent of what I dove into before doing so, I just wanted a nice truck. As far as where to start, I would say gather up all your replacement parts you plan on using, build up a good parts pile. Then plan a sequence of all your work to do and stick to it. This will keep you from having to revisit the same area and redo things, saving you a whole bunch of time. Best of luck dude, I'm looking forward to seeing the direction of where you're going on this build.

nice project! A lot of it depends on how close to factory stock you want to get.If you have the place to work on it (and the money),you can disassemble it completely and start over. That's what I'm doing.It's sounds like you may be doing a body swap,so that would be a good time to redo the chassis.A word of warning if you've never done this before. Keep track of EVERYTHING.Every time I remove bolts,I put them in baggies and number them. I got a small notebook,and I write down what the number means. Fender bolts,headlight mounting screws,etc,it's tedious,but 6 months from now I'm not going to say "Gee,I wonder where this goes?" Digital cameras are nice to have ,too. Take pictures before,so you'll know where things go.

Good luck on this,and keep sending pics.

My build thread http://community.ratsun.net/topic/14906-drum-roll-please/

Good idea. Liquid Wrench will be your best friend here. Spray it,and let it set for a few hours,then try again. Let it do the work.

Fix your brakes while you're there. New hoses and stuff. A lot easier to work on then.

As far as making your pictures bigger,go to photobucket click on the picture you want to enlarge. A row of icons should appear at the top of the picture. One says 'resize'. Go from there.

well I got all the interior out yesterday , the dash, seat, carpet. the floor looks good some rust on the surface. I removed the frontend also im going to try to remove the cab today. Do I need to remove the steering column?

Picture014.jpg?t=1269293656

Picture013-1.jpg?t=1269293695

Picture001.jpg?t=1269293723

Picture008-1.jpg?t=1269293746

Wow! Great progress!.

No,you don't have to remove the steering column itself,but you will have to remove the mounting bolts at the frame.

You'll need to remove the bracket that holds it in place in the cab.There's a lot of bolts holding that puppy in too. That bracket holds the pedals,too.

Make the cab as light as you can. Take the doors off,etc.get 3 or 4 four strong friends and heave ho. That's what I did.

It's easier with the bed removed,but not necessary.

Make sure all of your hoses and wires are disconnected first.

Keep posting!

does any one know where I can get the pieces that the tail lights are mounted in? Or where I can get a roll pan. Im not sure what they are called.

thanks

You might post a want it ad here on ratsun,and look on Ebay. I have a extra set,but they're kinda rusty.

you'll have that down to the frame in no time! :thumbup:

I got the cab off tonight and pulled the transmission from the motor I think the clutch looks good. The guy I got the truck from said that the transmission and axle is out of a 240z what do you guys think

th_Picture139.jpg

th_Picture144.jpg

th_Picture145.jpg

th_Picture146.jpg

th_Picture147.jpg

th_Picture148.jpg