man im pissed on titan rims

So i got 2 of my titans rims machined to fit my hardbody. I read on like 5 sites and forums saying that if you want to go the cheap route, you dont have to have the rear hubs drilled unless you want to rotate your tires. so i did just that. Go to put them on today and the rears dont sit flush. i put the drilled hub ones on the back and wala...they fucking fit perfect. So for those of you with a hardbody thinking of putting titan rims on.. DRILL ALL FOUR! So now i have to demount 2 tires that i just got mounted today, wait 2 more days for the rims to get machined, then re mount and balance (yay a nicely wasted 60 dollars to do twice) and then finally get them put on the truck because i cant do it since i fucked up my back....sigh. I guess its when you try to save a few bucks you get screwed right?

This message is brought to you by the IM FUCKING PISSED foundation.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or buy the 1/2" drill bit for $25 and borrow a router. The bits with the bearing guide allow you to bore the centers perfectly. Looks just like a professional's job. I did it myself and I don't do "work" on my Datsuns. ;)

I bored out four Titan wheels and fit them on my Frontier. Later sold them to someone with a 620.

yah only problem with that way is the balancing if you screw up one tiny part. I dropped them off this morning to get finished so i cant wait. Took them to sears. there going to remount them and balance for a cheaper price, and put them on for free.

it won't be a problem. You can't really screw it up and even if you took an extra nick out of the center area it won't throw off the balance of the wheel. Most of the weight is in the outter rim anyway, not the center. Plus, the close to center the weight of the wheel is, the less it factors into the overall balance.