521 heater knob

dbuzz77

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah they all get stuck if not moved often enough. take the screw out and the knob off they use some vise grips and slowly move the valve stem clockwise/counter clockwise. if this doesn't work the only way to get it to move and work properly is to take the heater core out and put a wooden dowel through the pipe and hammer it till it comes out. them clean it and reinstall.

careful not to twist that white knob off. they go for $20-30 when they come up on ebay once or twice a year. considered a rare 521 part these days.

there's a small retaining screw holding the valve in. If you take that out first, you can turn it more than a 1/4 turn to work it out. You'll want it out of the rig unless you like the smell of antifreeze on your carpet :) Somewhere in my Mend project thread, there's some decent pics of taking the valve out.

yeah they all get stuck if not moved often enough. take the screw out and the knob off they use some vise grips and slowly move the valve stem clockwise/counter clockwise. if this doesn't work the only way to get it to move and work properly is to take the heater core out and put a wooden dowel through the pipe and hammer it till it comes out. them clean it and reinstall.

careful not to twist that white knob off. they go for $20-30 when they come up on ebay once or twice a year. considered a rare 521 part these days.

This was in the glove compartment when I bought my truck, I am still looking for one. :blink:

100_6734Medium.jpg

• Like 1

I have 3 of those knobs

Might sell one or 2

If you decide to sell one let me know how much you want and if you have a paypal acct. I will send you the payment plus mailing and will add some for the paypal fees.

:) :) :) :)

• 3 years later...