Damn NISSAN throttle sticking problems lol

My throttle cable binded today while I was doing like 80mpm down a very long steep highway hill and the rpms shot up to 5-6k. At the bottom of the hill was very slow traffic, looked like a crawl and I was in the left lane too. To save the engine I turned the truck off but then with no vac assist doing 80 down hill I couldn't stop lol. While jamming my back into the seat and both feet onto the pedal I switched over 4 lanes of traffic to the shoulder and to avoid the traffic took a sub exit where I ended up stopping ONE foot from the divider lmao. Needless to say I was shook up. Was on my way back from work so had my tools. Reached under the truck and got some grease off the suspension and hit up both ends of the cable, made sure all the turns were long, the one at the firewall was sharp. Seemed to be fine for the rest of the way.

What a scary experience though, had one thing not gone just right I would be typing this from the hospital. Drive manual and don't panic :thumbup:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I was kind of figidity when it happened and not thinking I pumped before I realized I had to save that last bit of vac lol.

I can feel the friction of it rubbing, it's def worn. I always thought it was the pedals pivot point pin because thats where it felt like it was coming from. After fully depressing the pedal and greasing the wire as well as packing some in the opening it feel a little better. Have been looking for a replacement for a while but finding a vg30i is like impossible. When the weather breaks I'll just get a -100k mile one from a vg30e pathy which are common and see if it works better.