1600 Valve Cover?

jovial_cynic

Hey folks -

I happened to grab a 1600 valve cover off a wagon today, and I vaguely recall something about them being more rare/valuable than the other ones. Anybody know the going rate? I could just throw it up on eBay, but I might be more interested in trade for something. Not sure yet; I haven't had time to give it much thought.

20100227_valveCover.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks -

I happened to grab a 1600 valve cover off a wagon today, and I vaguely recall something about them being more rare/valuable than the other ones. Anybody know the going rate? I could just throw it up on eBay, but I might be more interested in trade for something. Not sure yet; I haven't had time to give it much thought.

Iv got one of my goon, I just think there neat :P

I think they where like ~68 only? (dont quote me on that lol someone will step in)

I haven't seen the wagon but a buddy told me there was one there. I think it's listed on a craigslist ad.

Was there also some 620's and maybe a 320 there?

There was a 620 (runs, but the interior is thrashed), and a 320 that's in pretty rough shape. If my house was done being built and I had garage space, I'd consider grabbing the L18 and tranny out of the 620. I'm kind of partial to the L18s for some reason.

The previous owner of the wagon chopped the top off of it. Not sure if it was to make a convertible or to use the top on another car... but that poor chopped wagon isn't even a car anymore. :(

The guy HAS to get rid of the cars, due to the city inspector or something, so if you're interested in the 620 or the 320, you'd need to act quickly.

There was a 620 (runs, but the interior is thrashed), and a 320 that's in pretty rough shape. If my house was done being built and I had garage space, I'd consider grabbing the L18 and tranny out of the 620. I'm kind of partial to the L18s for some reason.

The previous owner of the wagon chopped the top off of it. Not sure if it was to make a convertible or to use the top on another car... but that poor chopped wagon isn't even a car anymore. :(

The guy HAS to get rid of the cars, due to the city inspector or something, so if you're interested in the 620 or the 320, you'd need to act quickly. I have no use for them, personally.

I have the guys contact info. The actual owner lives on Alta ave in between Reedley and Dinuba I think. He has a green 620 there. Does it sound like he's letting them go cheap??

I have the guys contact info. The actual owner lives on Alta ave in between Reedley and Dinuba I think. He has a green 620 there. Does it sound like he's letting them go cheap??

Pretty cheap, yeah. He's just trying to get rid of them now, it seems. He's not a Datsun guy - he found old cars and had dreams of fixing them up, but never got around to it. And because the cars are parked on his brother's property (in Orange Cove), they're kind of out-of-sight-out-of-mind. And now the brother who owns the property is pressuring his brother to get rid of the cars...

The guy who owns the car is Ramon. PM me if you want his phone number, and you can chat w/ him about specific prices and all that.

I just called Oscar but he gave me the "make me an offer"....

I wish they had some dollar amounts in mind. Im pretty much just after some engines. He says they all run.

So... make him an offer. I talked with Ramon (different brother; I think three are involved), and he was pretty keen on just getting rid of parts.

Yeah , I might make it out there Monday. We'll see.....I wonder what they got for the 510......

Ramon said he sold the running complete 510 for $1500. From what he said, it was in fairly decent shape, though. The trucks aren't. The 320 can be restored, but the other truck... floors are entirely rusted out. Engine bay looks alright, though... and he did say that the engine ran.

Ramon said he sold the running complete 510 for $1500. From what he said, it was in fairly decent shape, though. The trucks aren't. The 320 can be restored, but the other truck... floors are entirely rusted out. Engine bay looks alright, though... and he did say that the engine ran.

I was told the 320 doesn't belong to them. I guess they were/are supposed to primer/paint it for someone? Maybe I'll get some cheap engines if the trucks are in that bad of shape....

oc620s001.jpg

oc620s002.jpg

oc620s003.jpg

oc620s.jpg

I have a valve cover exactly like that taking up space in my garage. I don't like them, mainly because I don't like the wing tab oil filler cap, and because I'm not rocking a 1600. If anyone is interested, send me a pm with a lowball offer! :) (It's Ratsun, I expect it)