Fantastic Day!!!

today, for the first time in 2 and a half years, i drove my truck! OH YES!!! sure it has holes in the floor pans, an s-10 seat just thrown in there, and no brakes..but i drove it 12 whole miles to its week long resting place before i fix the brakes and weld in new floor pans. i haven't been this happy in a while, thought i would share!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope it will be too. i bought this toy and never really got to play with it. it was just a circle of money and never-ending frustration. i am starting to see the enjoyment part of it. my dad followed me along the drive and when we got to where i am keeping it he said (its deer season and we are both really into deer hunting) "i think you are happier right now with this barely road worthy $100 truck, than if you would have killed a huge buck this morning" He was correct. sure, i can't eat my datsun, but it doesn't look cool driving a deer either....

Build it up right, and you could probably throw a deer in the back... you get the best of both worlds!

I know what it's like to drive something like this for the first time... I was giddy when I first picked my 521 up... way too much fun. It still thrills me even when I start it up, even though it's not really drivable for me ATM.

Know the feeling. I started with a clean '82 frame and added 14" of lift, trans case, rear end, solid front axle and (then) 31s. I got my cab on it and drove it for the first time to the end of the block. I was grinnin' so hard I could barely see.

Can You imagine 31 years from now driving a 620? That's what I felt like in Long Beach a few weekends ago. Taking a cloverleaf at speed. Bouncing along in traffic with passerbys turning their heads. Seeing the truck's reflection in a storefront glass window as I looked over. Yes, I can totally relate to Your day!!! Enjoy!!!