Worst Prank Ever

Well today I drove to a thrift store in my five ten and on the way back I heard a clicking noise as I was exiting the freeway. I slowed down and started to pull off the side of the road hoping I could make it off the offramp when the rear end of my car dropped. Seeing sparks shooting everywhere and losing half my breaking pressure I knew instantly what happened. I looked in my mirror to find a wheel bouncing all around. To make things worse a off duty police officer saw me jacking up my car and pulled over and made me wait an hour and 15 minutes for the CHP to show up to make sure it was safe working conditions to put my wheel back on. I drove home and replaced my slave cylinder but I was missing some springs and the drum brake clip things so I will have o get those later to fully repair my braking system.

When I was taking off one lug nut from each of the other tires I noticed that every single lug nut was loose. Recently [two days ago] I had just checked all the bolts on my drive line, stub axles and wheels for tightness. I know for a fact they were tight. Last night, I believe, someone decided to loosen all of my lug nuts as a joke. Luckily no one was hurt or injured and I have the capabilities of fixing this situation. However someone else might not be so lucky if this happens to them. I was on the freeway for a bit and matters would have been worse if I remained on the freeway.

What is wrong with some people?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I wish I could have seen someone messing with my car. At least I can laugh at them for loosening every lug nut. What a waste of time. One wheel would have done the trick. Although they are dumb enough to do this they probably thought every wheel would fall off at the same time.

.. Although they are dumb enough to do this they probably thought every wheel would fall off at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4m41viy4I

I'd put up some cameras.. if it happens again, have em tried and put away on attempted manslaughter charges. I don't put up with that crap.

All I had was the stock scissor jack, and it was hard enough to get it under the car. I had to lift the car up and kick the jack under it. If all my wheels fell off I would have been stuck. Although I wonder what the steering response is like with no wheels? haha

You're lucky. Another forum I'm a member of had something similar happen. His vehicle was parked in a grocery store lot and when he came out it was being blocked in by a big van with some suspicious looking people inside. As he was driving home a wheel came off, the front of the vehicle vaulted up in the air and slammed back down. He thinks they were trying to steal his rims when he came out. He lost a bumper, front fender, door, tweaked a bunch of other small stuff and bent the unibody all out of shape badly enough that a replacement door doesn't fit.