sick620

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks good man!

I just scored me an L20b for my 521!! :D

I have not completely paid for it yet but, does anyone wanna buy it off me for twice what I paid?? HAHA J/K. :rofl:

Seriously though, it was in god running order when my buddy pulled it out of his kingcab. He dropped in a pretty hot built L18 to replace it. Its in really good shape, cylinders hardly have a ridge on them. He tok the head off for some reason. So, I am gonna take my time and rebuild this thing and have some fun with it. Might take a while but I gotta good solid motor in my truck right now. I have always wanted to have a motor on the side to build exactly the way I want.

Hey!! I hope we are still on for this Sunday, cruisin up to the mountains. My buddy wants to follow me down in his '77 KC!

:D :D

DSC00992.jpg

17" Escalade wheels

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

Nicely built L18. Bored 60 over with a pretty big cam. All it needs now is a good Weber sittin up there. :D

DSC00993.jpg

Hopefully he can make it and we'll see you all there!! :cool:

Shit!

Anybody have a pair (or even one) good front break line? The flexible part? I have a leak that I noticed when I was bleeding the brakes today. I called Shucks and Autozone and another place here in town, but they don't have any in stock and won't be able to order before our meet. I'm calling the JY's now.

EDIT:

Hmm... looking at Shucks/Oriely (man those people are not helpful Got your message Gadge (sp?). Looks like Autozone has a replacement and will be here in 2 days so I should be good.

i called and left a message deadmonkey....

Yeah, I got it... thanks! I think I'll be good since I'll be able to get the new cables tomorrow.

Though I did find a small puddle of antifreeze leaking onto the ground today! NOT happy about that, I just hope it is a loose screw/bolt and not a leak in the radiator.

do you have one of those little coolant rails wraping around the front of your motor putting water underneath your carb to warm it up?.... they rust all the time and leak.... i would look there first...

do you have one of those little coolant rails wraping around the front of your motor putting water underneath your carb to warm it up?.... they rust all the time and leak.... i would look there first...

Na, I took that crap off and plugged it off. It's leaking low next to the lower large hose. I see coolant inside the lip of the radiator so I'll have to run it to warm it up and look and listen.