caught in the act

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but I know you guys like turbos. I try to avoid YouTube because I could waste half my life watching music vids. Now that you got me started, here are some clips that I though y'all might like. Classic shots of Laguna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRGddrYw8uE&feature=related

This was about '85 or '86. I was way into IMSA Racing and IndyCars. I went to all the races at Laguna Seca and Sears Point for years. I usually took the weekend off and went to Friday and Saturday qualifying and race day. This Electromotive Nissan was so freakin' loud when it came out. The only thing louder was the short lived Mazda GTP car. This California Cooler car was just a four banger but it was pumped to the max. In the first season it was blazing fast but they couldn't always get it to handle. It was fast in the races too, but it blew up week after week after leading laps. This car led to developing the Nissan GTP that Brabham drove to many championship wins and IMSA championships. I saw this car many times and watched them thrash on it in the pits for hours. Check this clip out. It's at one of my favorite places in the world, Laguna.

Those cars were built in the US. This car was built in the UK I believe. I remember watching this on ESPN when they ran the start and finish of the race on live with live updates every hour.

Sorry, but this is in retaliation for posting a YouTube clip in the first place. I normally don't lust after cars, I dig motorcycles, but this thing is cool:

If that wasn't enough, my second favorite place, Sears Point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ8XKULWKZ4&feature=related

:)