My 78 Datsun 620 project

Got The 32/36 weber in the mail. Ohhhh Yaaaa!

weberetc045.jpg

weberetc040.jpg

weberetc041.jpg

weberetc044.jpg

weberetc043.jpg

Got the truck on the trailer to take it to get an exhuast made match up the new header. Had to wake up at 5 and get it on there.

weberetc086.jpg

weberetc084.jpg

weberetc088.jpg

So we wanted just a 2 in. pipe nothing special just something to push out wut were trying to shove out.lol So we called around and got the cheapest bid 140 so we took it and should of remembered you get wut you pay for. We ask the guy to match up with the stock one and hang it in the original spots as before and we got the hangeres of the original one clened em up and even gave him the old exhuast to match up best he could. So he used the old hangers but dident even look at the onld exhuast. he was suppose to go over that bar (idk what you call it) but went right under. He did a pretty shitty welding job too. He obviously had it up to high and made it look pretty ugly.

weberetc079.jpg

weberetc048.jpg

weberetc052.jpg

weberetc053.jpg

Heres the new. and those weld spots. Its still sick and works fine but you get what you pay for (most of the time) And a pretty bacic muffler nothing great.

weberetc103.jpg

weberetc101.jpg

weberetc102.jpg

weberetc106.jpg

weberetc107.jpg

weberetc092.jpg

weberetc090.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got her on there! wow is it beautiful!

weberetc069.jpg

weberetc068.jpg

weberetc071.jpg

weberetc066.jpg

weberetc073.jpg

weberetc072.jpg

weberetc097.jpg

Got it running WOW WOW what a difference! Its so much faster then before. Sounds great and runs great too I LOVE IT! The best feeling EVER when you here her start and that smell of the the new filter blowing out it smells so good.lol Best smell ever. And the sound of that exhuast so sick. Me and my dad took it out that night Went up the hill and found a staight stretch, got it to a 100mph. befor like 80 on a realy good day.lol Hits 80 90 with no problem at all now. I am now always getting a weber for a datsun. Cant wait to get my dads running. He has a brand new weber wainting for him.

Cleaned up and primered and painted black a bunch of little rusty parts in the engine to clean it up and make it nice. I just wire wheeled them clean and rough em up then wiped them down with laquir thinner, primered, then black.

weberetc111.jpg

weberetc109.jpg

weberetc113.jpg

weberetc115.jpg

weberetc119.jpg

weberetc120.jpg

weberetc121.jpg

weberetc122.jpg

weberetc123.jpg

weberetc056.jpg

Heres the starter blacked out and on.

weberetc054.jpg

Heres where I cleaned up and primered where the battery sits and layed, royal blue spray paint the best to match that we had laying around. But layered it on there to protect it from getting all rusty again. Anytime soon that is. You can barely notice with the battery on there that its a little diff color.

weberetc058.jpg

• 5 months later...

chrisiphone3017.jpg

chrisiphone3018.jpg

chrisiphone3019.jpg

I like the padding/carpet idea but when I redid mine I thought it was gonna rub on the window knob so I just did straight plether. Check it out.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7483-dms-76-620-pickup-first-project-attempted/page__view__findpost__p__268605

Also, the bed looks nice, though I'm wondering if Bondo in a bed is a good Idea? Never really thought about it. one bump with something and it might chip off maybe? Meh. I like so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ya i here ya and thanks for the info but i have my dad and 3 other sample engines laying around that have all been modded different. My dads had a datsun and done this his whole life. And the whole painting thing is more of a learning experience and to have fun. No serious in that. But the engine is seriouse and my dads all up on that and i swear he's a genius. But if you have anything you see that maybe a big problem and can help I am more welcome to here them. thanks

No vacuum line goes to the air filter for the Weber, that hole on the bottom of the air cleaner is for the PCV (the fumes and what-not from your valve train), the only vacuum line goes to the bottom, on the engine side.