Rickshaw

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New project 31722.jpg

Sorry but that's not a rickshaw. Rickshaw is short for "Jinrickshaw", man pulled vehicle. What you have is a pedicab. Rode many in Taiwan. The Vietnamese version sits the passenger up front where he hits the rear end of the truck, sparing the driver / peddler from the consequences of his inattention. Downside to the Taiwan version, you get splashed with the drivers sweat. Looks to be salvagable. Good luck, you might be able to sell it to one of the pedicab operaters along the Santa Monica beach.

Cycle Rickshaw ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_rickshaw ) is "a" term applied to this type of thing and it was just in fun, yeah, maybe I will fix it up and sell it for a fortune to a Pedi Cab Business in west LA where guys want to smell someones ass who is pedaling them around :huh: . Is this place getting too serious or what? Maybe they will want to buy my rare l320 for a fortune as well right? :lol: I can put it on ebay! ;)

I was thinking to just fix up the upholstery and get it ridable and let my kids pedal it around or something like that. My truck is in LA and I haven't been able to work on any car stuff and may never do so again but I still tinker and putts around with stuff and I ride bikes a lot and they can be cheap fun to get your tinker bugs out, what can I say?

Here is another link

http://taipics.com/pedicabs

By the way, thanks Mikerl411 for pointing out that it is from Taiwan, I was trying to find something like this online but I assumed it was mainland China and couldn't find anything like this exact cycle rickshaw but when I typed in Taiwan I found some similar things! Ratsun'rs Rule!