tire, tyre ,tires

As some of you know i let my dime sit in my driveway until race time, and it is soon upon us ( http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18675-2010-smackdown-team-challenge-planning-meeting/ )and this year i would like to try a different tire.Right now iam running a Hoosier slicks on all 4 corners,they are a great tire for bigger events but the smaller course's that I run they don't get hot enough for me to take full advantage of the tires ability. So what would you fellow dimers recommend. I am running 14"wheels and a 195/50 or 60 zr14 fits nice I have 6.5 wide rims. And I would like to spend around 100-150 a tire.

wheel001.jpg

also I have a full set of slicks i would trade if someone wants too.195/55/zr14

Thanks all

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you know i let my dime sit in my driveway until race time, and it is soon upon us ( http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18675-2010-smackdown-team-challenge-planning-meeting/ )and this year i would like to try a different tire.Right now iam running a Hoosier slicks on all 4 corners,they are a great tire for bigger events but the smaller course's that I run they don't get hot enough for me to take full advantage of the tires ability. So what would you fellow dimers recommend. I am running 14"wheels and a 195/50 or 60 zr14 fits nice I have 6.5 wide rims. And I would like to spend around 100-150 a tire.

wheel001.jpg

also I have a full set of slicks i would trade if someone wants too.195/55/zr14

Thanks all

subscribed.

Ill be looking for a good auto-x/hillcimb tire as well, lol a wee bit wider tho :rofl:

Kumho V710s would be my bet. I ran a set on the Miata and they grabbed like no other. I have some older Hoosiers for autocross right now, but they are a bit hard. Pretty much everyone in our club who has Hoosiers usually does track days. They're a little better for road race, due to not wearing out quite as fast.

Is your class a DOT legal slick, or can you go full slicks?

x2 on the Kumho V710's. All of the guy's that I auto-x with who run slicks run them. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

If you want something that will last a little longer look into Toyo RA-1 or Kumho Victoracers.

I run Pilot sport Cups for track days, but that type of tire, like the Victoracers, will not heat up fast enough to be really good on a short autocross course.

you need an autoX specific tire, to be really good for an autocross event. it will be useless for track days because it will overheat.

Kumho V710s would be my bet. I ran a set on the Miata and they grabbed like no other. I have some older Hoosiers for autocross right now, but they are a bit hard. Pretty much everyone in our club who has Hoosiers usually does track days. They're a little better for road race, due to not wearing out quite as fast.

Is your class a DOT legal slick, or can you go full slicks?

mine are D.O.T.i dont think they care as long as they hold air lol their different classes normally