monster mower

so i decided to start a new project, its the monster mower, i lifted it 10 inch in the back with 3/4ths plate and 8 1/2 inch in the front, im runing a 1 inch pully on the tranny witch is a peerles 5 speed, and for the power house im going to go with a 24 hp kohler v twin with dual ohc, with a 5 inch pully on it, im going to cut the tred on the tires to get a lil more traction, im also going to put a snorkil kit on the mower so i can get it a lil wet.....so what do ya think, any different ideas about what i should do?

i just put to body and hood on to see what it would look like

Photo0306.jpg

Photo0307.jpg

Photo0308.jpg

Photo0386.jpg

Photo0392.jpg

Photo0393.jpg

Photo0395.jpg

Photo0396-1.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

triangulate the front a rear "lift" that big thick plate isnt going to help when it attaches to the thin metal on the frame. Also the belt drive is going to suck balls if you try and get it wet. I think you would be better off ditching that diff and running a straight axle with a chain drive... but then your motor option would need to be a side shaft.

triangulate the front a rear "lift" that big thick plate isnt going to help when it attaches to the thin metal on the frame. Also the belt drive is going to suck balls if you try and get it wet. I think you would be better off ditching that diff and running a straight axle with a chain drive... but then your motor option would need to be a side shaft.

ya i was thinking about riging a brace for the rear just like some round tubing in the shape of a x to brace it, and for the belt sliping. i dont want to get a different engine and do a new tranny like a right angle gear box, i was thinking about just puting small teath on the inside of the pully. but then it might cut the belt, and another reason i dont wanna go with a new tranny and a stright axle rear end like a go cart is if i do that it wont be clasified as farming equipment and i wont be able to drive it on the road :P

ya i was thinking about riging a brace for the rear just like some round tubing in the shape of a x to brace it, and for the belt sliping. i dont want to get a different engine and do a new tranny like a right angle gear box, i was thinking about just puting small teath on the inside of the pully. but then it might cut the belt, and another reason i dont wanna go with a new tranny and a stright axle rear end like a go cart is if i do that it wont be clasified as farming equipment and i wont be able to drive it on the road :P

lol.

Well i think you might be able to run a ribbed pulley and that would allow you a ribbed belt. Dont be ghetto and try and make your ribbed pulley lol :P

Doesn't the belt need to slip, as the clutch is just an adjustable tensioner? A guy at work made a racing mower out of a 12.5 hp one, thing was scary fast just by swapping the pulleys.

the clutch in the middle is just a pully on a spring tensinor and it runs on the out side of the belt so it would be fine, and i have made a cuple racing mowers before and they were pretty fast

• 1 month later...

not much interest on this buld but im pretty proud of it, i got the engine mounted in, the lift all done, i went with a different tranny thins one is a lot stronger, i got the wiring done for the engine, and now all thats left to do is hook up the tranny linkage, and tilt the engine to line up with the tranny pully and get a belt. then i will be off riding it to school :)

Photo0469.jpg

Photo0467.jpg

Photo0466.jpg

Photo0465.jpg

Photo0464.jpg

so what do ya think????????????????????????

Thats Effin Sweet, But it needs braces for the lift! And I would definately make an extended shaft with a brace for the trans so the engine can sit level and keep the belt higher and (fairly) dry! Other than the its cool as! :thumbup:

Can you drive a golf cart on the roads legaly in Oregon?

Thats Effin Sweet, But it needs braces for the lift! And I would definately make an extended shaft with a brace for the trans so the engine can sit level and keep the belt higher and (fairly) dry! Other than the its cool as! :thumbup:

Can you drive a golf cart on the roads legaly in Oregon?

i dont think u can drive golf carts on the road because there not farming equipment

ya i plan on re inforcing the frame, and im just going to tilt the tranny and engine because is i extend the shaft to will be unstable because i would need to make it like over a foot long

What you can do is make it like a jack shaft with a bearing holder mounted in the frame to hold the shaft close to the end for to strong it ;)

well i found out how im going to hook the belt up. the bottom of the crank is about 1 inch of from being a good level to line up with the tranny so im just going to put spacers on the pully on the crank to pull that down and just hook tge belt up and see if it works

• 2 weeks later...