WRL411 exhaust help / discussion

I'm having a stroker motor built for my SSS WRL411 (2000cc). At present, the exhaust is tiny, and it routes out through the fenderwell (one of the necessities to shoehorn the bigger motor into the 411 chassis).

Anyhow, I intended to cut / weld it so that the bend intrudes less into the wheelwell (because turning left with aftermarket wheels is damn near impossible, LOL). However, it's such a tiny pipe, I'm wondering if I'm gonna need more exhaust diameter with the stroker motor.

Any feedback / ideas / help / advice?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an exhaust shop cut about an inch off the end the exhaust manifold and weld on a larger 3 bolt flange (the factory join always leaks) i sold the car and never got to finish it but it looked like it was going to work really well. What about flatten the pipe slightly as it goes past the front wheel? will that effect the flow of the exhaust? Are you cutting the hole back towards the firewall? With cutting the end off the exhaust manifold, maybe having it cut on an angle back towards the firewall and opening up the exit hole in the guard might give you enough room to have the exhaust exit on the angle. Good luck, sounds like it will haul with an "r20" in it.

I know exhaust sizing (I also own a company that builds custom catbacks for S-chassis / B-chassis Nissans)....

I'm more concerned with the 411-specific routing issues, like 67411 was talking about.

If someone had a R16 header handy, I'd like to test-fit it to see if I could modify one to fit past the steering box / frame rail.

BTW, she'll be .030 overbored with flat-top pistons as well. :)