Does my car qualify as a "RAT"sun?

I am diggin this place after 9 years on Hbz( a place i love) I never thought I could get into another datsun forum. But I am unsure if my car even qualifies as a ratsun, though I am pretty sure it does. At least the question allows me an excuse to show her off here.

Ok, after photo snafu #1&2 Here we go again.

car3.jpg

leftrearbrake.jpg

enginein.jpg

brakepropovalve.jpg

ahh.jpg

stevengine.jpg

Joe

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww shucks, you called my car purty. Thank you kindly. I'm finally becoming fond of it now that I finally solved recurring intake gasket vacuum leaks.

I still need to get the rear of the car a touch higher, as during the build the spring hat bushing in the rear went missing, and I had to modify another set of bushings in their place. And the R/T Mount for the diff is needed, along with removing a washer from the mustache bar at the top to improve the driveline angle under power.

Unfortunately i moved to So-cal after the build, leaving behind my tools and my able bodied friends. I have a bad back, and cannot really do any heavy work, unless I feel like having my testes torn apart with rusty serrated blades.

And there are a great many other little projects it needs to be perfect. She does perform well, but I still plan on taking advantage of building the low compression engine, 8.5:1, perfect for twin turbos. Eventually. Until then, I still get 18 mpg on the highway with the 750cfm vac secondary setup, but it feels like its a little under 300 hp, which is... barely acceptable.

Joe

I am diggin this place after 9 years on Hbz( a place i love) I never thought I could get into another datsun forum. But I am unsure if my car even qualifies as a ratsun, though I am pretty sure it does. At least the question allows me an excuse to show her off here.

theres a few HBZers that lurk around here (BRAAP, RTz, MAG58 and a few others) :lol: even Clive (evilC) is around, and that car is fuckin gorgeous :wub:

welcome to Ratsun, the show forum where everything's made up and the points don't matter :rofl: