Look What I Won!!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$10 for a good grille? sure, the shipping was $16, but that is probably less than it will actually cost him. i have been shipping stuff out for a while now, and unless he has some kind of hookup...but yeah, i thought for under $30 i did pretty good. I'm going to sand it down really good and paint it (secret design...lol) and i don't think i'm going to install it until the "final build up" of the truck. i can just see an "accident" happening and me trashing my "good" grille. i'll keep the 79 in there for the time being...but at least i have the parts! my basement is looking like a parts store...suicide door hinges, shaved door kit, poppers, keyless entry, 17" wheels, 620 tailgate, 620 pass. fender, wood steering wheel and some other odds and ends...can't wait to get this truck home (hopefully next weekend) and start the fun stuff!

yeah, i guess its supply and demand...and in kentucky...we have no supply. my plans are to have the entire plastic rings chromed, then painting the rest of the grill gloss black. i only wish i lived in ya'lls neck of the woods! i worked in eugene oregon for a week last summer and i loved it out there, and i saw a TON of dattos rolling around.

you mean the last year before they made the good looking grill :blink:

When I had my 79 I liked the 77 grille with the chrome hedlite surrounds. Now that I have my 77, I like the 79 grille! It looks more menacing:mad:

When I had my 79 I liked the 77 grille with the chrome hedlite surrounds. Now that I have my 77, I like the 79 grille! It looks more menacing:mad:

Especially painted black. I put a black '78-79 grille on my white '76.

76-4X4-17.JPG

Unfortunately it's damaged. But it was in better shape than the original, which was in the bed with all the tweeker crap when I got it. Normally I prefer keeping the year-correct grill on. Only my '76 has the wrong one.

76-4X4-18.JPG

I suppose I could put a NATO slave receptacle where the hole is and call it intentional...

you mean the last year before they made the good looking grill :blink:

Let me think..................................................................

....................................................................................

.................. no, I'm sure Nissan got it right the first time.

:mellow: