SWDP representin'

This weekend I have been invited to display Funtana at the Pro-Am Drift Nationals in the VIP area. Bullhead City is the home of the only custom designed drift coarse so far! This will be a place to meet other Datsun fans, hopefully, and many Japanese participants will be attending. There is also a rally to the Grand Canyon. Check out http://www.rallyusa.com for more info. Maybe this will become an area that Datsun fans will want to participate in years to come. Any of You guys coming, please look Me up on Saturday.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm taking a break for an hour or so. I now know, however, what a finely tuned SR20DET is capable of!!!!!! Man!!!!!! The dually project really needs one of those!!! One guy is out of Phoenix so I'll try to hook up with Him later to see what He would charge Me to fully install one. Pretty interesting........... I now have a totally different perspective on drifting. Some interior setups are very cool with what appears to be brakes installed by the shifter for power braking. Maybe that will be explained to Me tonight. But nitrous and turbo/intercooler tricks on these cars are way cool.

Working For DC Sports (now owned by AEM ) I can tell you that DRIFTING is huge for us and for the Japanese car market....I have had many opportunities to talk to "Tanner" (our driver) along with the other 2 that we sponser...They are totally convinced that drifting is the next "big Thing"...Really hope that You had a good time Mike......

• 4 months later...

Well, it took all of this time for Me to find a couple of photos that Funtana was in. I was invited to park in the VIP area and in these views You can see it's roof above the protector K-rail walls.

funtanaatdrifting.jpg

funtanaatdrifting2.jpg

I asked the organizers about this year (2008) having a car show added. That might be a possibility. Any of You interested in this idea? The event is in November so a few of Us could set it up. Any Datsun/Nissan vehicle would be cool but 510s would be a must!! Maybe if We can get a few Ratsun members to get this going this could be a cool yearly event for Us all. Remember, besides drifting, there is a rally to the Grand Canyon and return. This is becoming an international event. Let Me know Your thoughts

• 4 months later...

Well, it should be only 2 1/2 months until this years event. So far I have seen NOTHING on the drifting. The promoter I was told was/is going through a nasty divorce so it may not happen this year. I was really hoping that a few of You could come out either day to hang and visit. Anyone with information please post here. There must be a drifting news website or something. It would've been very cool to have a mini meet with You guys to hang in Laughlin and check out the competition. Maybe it's still going to happen. Who knows?????????

this sounds like a blast i would love to attend but it seems to far for me to get to though i know that dattos like the 510 and the z make great drifters it only takes a little gas and pop the clutch around the corners to get my 610 to break loose and its easy to keep it going and its an adrenaline rush :D

What the promoter was trying to to was to tie in the Grand Canyon Rally, that has gone on since I have lived here, with the drifting event. Both being held on the same weekend to give quite a bit to see and attend. It was called the Laughlin International Rally and Motorsports Festival. I had hoped to help Him add a foreign car show also. The Rally has cars starting here in Laughlin, driving up to and skirting the edge of the Grand Canyon and return. I've seen pretty cool helicoptor footage of it!! The drifting event was added twice, which would've made this the third year. Well, at least I have a pretty cool t-shirt from last year to remember it by!