area 510

mrpvmoore

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see that car go to a good home. I had been watching it on CL for a while, and if I wasn't knee deep in my own project, I would have totally snatched it up. The progress looks awesome, and PLEASE don't flare the car, the lines are great.

air tools, baby !! not sure about the auto, it had a 4 speed in it when we found it. iw was an itc car thats been sitting since '89...

My mistake... I thought the auto's had the square oil pan on the tranny, its been a while since I have seen a L series auto :D

thanks, duke. i was building the elf car when i first saw it so i couldn't grab it myself, so i managed to talk one of my customers into building it. it's gonna be a nice car, he's got the wallet to see it through..sorry to say it's going to be a b-sedan, and i gotta have the extra room for the 225/ 245's..i promise i wont flair the next one,after i finished my boxflared imsa killer !!!

it's not so bad... couple of air tools, a couple of guys rotating in and out , i'd say it's a days work... the customer has opted for an ermish 1800 [13:1, dual 50's] this is our first ermish motor so looking forward to floggin it ! we opted for the 'option 2' ultra close 5'r....

Wow did you guys rip that all down by hand? The TC rods are ingenious!!! Looks like it had an auto in it? funny :D At that rate the car will be done in no time!

T/C rods are from Troy Ermish Great price too

not sure what you mean by real...i thought there was only one kind !! oh yea, the t/c rods are troy's, as well as the coil overs, rear spherical bushings and a few other little bits... there are also parts from several other suppliers , ie. corbeau, fuel safe, moroso, nismo,ect... my philosophy is simple: if troy [or anybody else] takes the time and spends the dough to produce parts to upgrade our beloved little cars, then i want to support that..without these guys we would have no choice but to make these parts ourselves. it's not that these are complicated pieces to make but you i both know that if we HAD to make all this stuff ourselves, the cost alone of having to "one-off" all these parts would be tremendous. i bet alot of project would fall into the "never got completed" pit. so cheers to the guys that save us time and alow us to build bitchin cars in a reasonable amount of time. at least there getting built !! :fu:

hey icehouse, i just spent like an hour catching up on your buildup [im new 2 ratsun] , totally awsome man! it's also cool to see alot of people rally around it ..

parts page? we're thinkin about it. we're all racers to the core. 1 of my dudes is a drag racer, the other is a vintage race freak like me but into bmm'rs...and yes , we all have our own opinions about things..