Weber Jetting

Dimerforlife13

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm currently using a 135 primary main jet,& a 110 secondary main jet. the pump jet is a 50. i am not having good luck getting jets for my dgav so i haven't been able to change the air corrector jets,or the emulsion tubes yet. currently it has 170 air corrector jets for the primary,& 160 air corrector jet for the secondary. both are using f 50 emulsion tubes. it pops through the carb when i give it gas,especially when cold. it was jetted WAY to rich( leaing a black spot on the ground during start-up, but i think it's too lean now. dime quarterly had a really good article on this,& someone here was good enough to post a link,that's how i found it. now if i could only find the jets i need!

Here is the Weber DGV (32/36) jetting for a stock 510 with L16 engine:

Main Venturi: 26/27

Aux Venturi: 3.5/3.5

Main Jet: 140/135

Em Tube: F50/F6

Air Corr Jet: 165/160

Idle Jet: 55/50

Pump Jet: 50

Needle Valve: 2.00

Weber 38/38, DCD or other Downdraft will be different.

This jetting is the baseline for any L16, even in the 521 or 620, 510 etc. I ran it with my A12 and it had great performance and idle, with only a slight flat spot just off-idle.

what I meant to say is that it WAS jetted way to rich,before I changed the jets the first time. 155 primary main jet, 140 secondary main jet. you could smell how rich it was running,and it left a big black spot on the ground at startup,and wherever it sat & idled for any length of time. I have since changed the main jets again to 140 primary, & 130 secondary. it seems better,but still seems to lack some power,& still pops through the carb at about 3/4 throttle. it also still pops through the carb alot until it warms up. i've got some work left to do on it i'm sure,& need to check the timing too. it's an L20 by the way. thanks for the advice everyone!

• 1 month later...
Guest kamakazi620

what I meant to say is that it WAS jetted way to rich,before I changed the jets the first time. 155 primary main jet, 140 secondary main jet. you could smell how rich it was running,and it left a big black spot on the ground at startup,and wherever it sat & idled for any length of time. I have since changed the main jets again to 140 primary, & 130 secondary. it seems better,but still seems to lack some power,& still pops through the carb at about 3/4 throttle. it also still pops through the carb alot until it warms up. i've got some work left to do on it i'm sure,& need to check the timing too. it's an L20 by the way. thanks for the advice everyone!

If thats the same weber you took off the620 you sold me it was jetted perfect for a hopped up l16.if your carbs "pops"then its your timing, carbs dont pope or backfire unless timing is "fucked" whats a dgav? I'll I know is a dgv (manual choke) and the dgev (auto/electric choke)

Guest kamakazi620

Carbs will pop out of the carb if they are lean...

guess i've never been lucky enough to have a "lean" carb,every time I set up a downdraft carb be it a 2 barrel 1 barrel 4 barrel,i set the mixture screw 1 1/4 -1 1/2 turns from closed set timing then go back and set mixture again

Guest kamakazi620

what would be a good setup for an l20 with cam and flattops

How much money ya got???? cheap would be weber dgv out the box next step would be su's next step would be weber/mukuni sidedrafts.take into account every step up would require porting and bigger valves to get max power,+ i'd balance the bottom end

Guest kamakazi620

i meant jetting setups... i sold my mikuni 44's and got the 32/26 and i beleve its jetted for an l16 ill check what jets are in there now but im asking a good setup

Well wtf else has been done to the motor????? Der Der cam and flat tops tell me nothing,ported head??? bigger valves???? Big cam??? compression ratio??? cam and flat tops means to me 8.5-9.0-1 compression cam means little bigger than l20b cam Whatcha got????

Guest kamakazi620

basicly 10.3:1 compression... 510 lift cam.. port matched.. dual valve springs.. electronic ignition... im guessing i should just put the biggest jets since its such a smaller carb than my mikunis i would just like to know #'s

Jet it like the first jets Loren had in his weber,it ran PERFECT on my Flattop L16 w/peanut head,i put a stock weber on and it still pulls hard but not as hard as that jetting,also with all yer mods you should step up to a 38 weber outlaw,if it ran good with the mikunis you took a step BACKWARDS with the 32/36 weber

Jet it like the first jets Loren had in his weber,it ran PERFECT on my Flattop L16 w/peanut head,i put a stock weber on and it still pulls hard but not as hard as that jetting,also with all yer mods you should step up to a 38 weber outlaw,if it ran good with the mikunis you took a step BACKWARDS with the 32/36 weber

yea i know money issues... not preference... im not looking for best performance i realize just something that will run fine with no lean points or struggle spots as i have read is an issue running wrong sized jets

Guest kamakazi620

yea i know money issues... not preference... im not looking for best performance i realize just something that will run fine with no lean points or struggle spots as i have read is an issue running wrong sized jets

Then run 155 primary 140 secondary jets it ran ma mystery l16 PERFECT,sould be a starting point for your killer motor

heres whats currently in there primary air jet 165 secondary 160

primary fuel 135 secondary jet 140 i think they are backwards from what i read so im flipping them

primary idle jet 55 secondary 50... so im guessing its got stock jets besides on being flipped..

so i should order 155 primary fuel jet and leave the 140 at secondary??..what about air jets is that ok or should i go bigger??

yeah that l16 ran real strong with the weber i have,but my l20 never has run right with it. it wouldn't idle,left a black mark on the ground under the tailpipe,and smelled like raw fuel. my guess is it ran better on your l16 because of the peanut head,& i thought it had some other stuff done to it also. my l20 is stock,except for the later electronic dist. and that weber. i'm still not happy with the jetting,but at least it idles,doesn't leave a mark,gets a bit better mpg now.