R200 in 510 What Cover

So I have an R200 that I am putting in my 510. My question is what cover have others used in a 510 with an R200? The ZX Cover places the mounting studs back 1-1/2"? I have looked at Later R200's (Q45, 240SX,Etc,) the cover on those looks like it would work better than the ZX Cover. Does anyone know? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bryce

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have an R200 that I am putting in my 510. My question is what cover have others used in a 510 with an R200? The ZX Cover places the mounting studs back 1-1/2"? I have looked at Later R200's (Q45, 240SX,Etc,) the cover on those looks like it would work better than the ZX Cover. Does anyone know? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bryce

I would just use a non finned cover off a datsun r200

I would just use a non finned cover off a datsun r200

I have that one right now, It looks like the studs sit further back than the finned cover, I don't have a finned cover so I'm going off my JY memory. I need to go to the JY soon so I will do more looking. I would like to find out what cover to look for. Less time crawling around in the mud :(

Thanks

Bryce

I have that one right now, It looks like the studs sit further back than the finned cover, I don't have a finned cover so I'm going off my JY memory. I need to go to the JY soon so I will do more looking. I would like to find out what cover to look for. Less time crawling around in the mud :(

Thanks

Bryce

GL finding a finned cover in the JY :rolleyes: there only on the 3.70:1 R200 LSD that came in 1987-1989 300ZX turbos

GL finding a finned cover in the JY :rolleyes: there only on the 3.70:1 R200 LSD that came in 1987-1989 300ZX turbos

Sad thing is I missed out on one at the Lynnwood PAP. I had no Idea what I was looking at, car was gone the next time I went, I was bummin so hard. Scored a 3.90 Subie vlsd on that trip,So not too bad. Sold that to a subie for good $$$. But still kick myself for not getting 300ZX diff. Oh Well, the learning curve is rough at times.

Bryce

You could always go aftermarket.

128.jpg

I could but I would hate to spend $$ on a diff cover. Might Use a Z32 cover , I have to modify the mount to put the R200 in why not make it work with a cover I can get easy, and on the cheap. BTW if that is your set up it looks very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

With any R200 install into a 510 you will either need to modify the stock mustache bar or buy a custom unit from Toespeed.

My setup uses the stock ZX rear cover with a modified mustache bar.Unless you plan on road racing the car with a Torsen LSD the stock setup should work just fine. IMO unless you are planning on more than 300fpt at the wheels a R200 is overkill.