lame...

Three caps blew on my 8600gt. Can't afford a new card right now ill be putting in a 2xx series gtx when money allows.

IMAG0131.jpg

There's the caps. The link below is what I will get later. Anyone have a pci-e card they don't want? I just need something to get me by for a bit. Needs to be free or cheap I can pay shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143155

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three caps blew on my 8600gt. Can't afford a new card right now ill be putting in a 2xx series gtx when money allows.

IMAG0131.jpg

There's the caps. The link below is what I will get later. Anyone have a pci-e card they don't want? I just need something to get me by for a bit. Needs to be free or cheap I can pay shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143155

Can't say I have seen 3 blow like that before. Whats stopping you from just replacing the caps?

You using 3rd party hardware or straight nvidia?

Hope it doesn't happen to my nvd 8800gts's :-/

Can't say I have seen 3 blow like that before. Whats stopping you from just replacing the caps?

You using 3rd party hardware or straight nvidia?

Hope it doesn't happen to my nvd 8800gts's :-/

Heard a pop sometime back. I think after one blew the others followed eventually. Been using xfx cards for some time now and have had 0 problems. Heard good things about bfg so going to try them next. Good thing I got this droid eris. Only way I can get online

Heard a pop sometime back. I think after one blew the others followed eventually. Been using xfx cards for some time now and have had 0 problems. Heard good things about bfg so going to try them next. Good thing I got this droid eris. Only way I can get online

My previous was a bfg and I never had any probs. I have been just using nvidia though for a while now, I trust them to know their own chipset best.

I got to ask again lol, why don't you just replace the caps?

My previous was a bfg and I never had any probs. I have been just using nvidia though for a while now, I trust them to know their own chipset best.

I got to ask again lol, why don't you just replace the caps?

Would radio shack have them? Don't have a soulder gun either. Won't hurt to try I guess eh its broke anyways lol

Would radio shack have them? Don't have a soulder gun either. Won't hurt to try I guess eh its broke anyways lol

Ya they would, if not in stock they can order them. I mean even if you buy a cheap fine tip gun and the caps you can fix it for like 15 bucks. Even if you mess the card or more or w/e you still end up with a iron lol, any time you have to do auto wiring or w/e? BAM :D

Is this from a late model Nissan? Just say no to complex electronics. Go with a simple 620 or early 720.

Ya but they don't have a flux capacitor! :hairy:

It's a video card for a pc. :D

If you have old videocards check them for the caps also old Motherboards.

I switched from invidia to Sapphire ATI cards More bang for the buck. Used to run the BFG Overclocked cards and found them to be slow but they had a lifetime waranty.

Newegg Rocks

Sapphire Tech on Newegg

I also run Gigabyte Motherboards and Thermaltake PS, Corsair Ram & AMD Processors AMD bought ATI a while back.

Been running these combos for 10 years now and have no complaints. Much cheaper than Intel and runs some stuff better some not as good. But I can build 3 AMD systems for what it costs to build 2 Intels.

If you have old videocards check them for the caps also old Motherboards.

I switched from invidia to Sapphire ATI cards More bang for the buck. Used to run the BFG Overclocked cards and found them to be slow but they had a lifetime waranty.

Newegg Rocks

Sapphire Tech on Newegg

I also run Gigabyte Motherboards and Thermaltake PS, Corsair Ram & AMD Processors AMD bought ATI a while back.

Been running these combos for 10 years now and have no complaints. Much cheaper than Intel and runs some stuff better some not as good. But I can build 3 AMD systems for what it costs to build 2 Intels.

I'd argue all of that if it wasn't 4am lol

Just get an ati 49xx or 5xxx even the 48xx are bad ass. 48s can be had for under 100.

I been running an ATI Sapphire 4850 1 gig ddr for 2 years with no complaints Paid 169 for it at the Egg. It takes everything I can throw at it without glitches.

I have a broken 7600GT, maybe I can check the caps for you and maybe send them? check Jameco.com for the parts. I been using XFX since they were unpopular and never had an issue. I only burned one XFX 7900GT because I did the famous voltmod.

Are you using a generic PSU or an aftermarket?

I have a broken 7600GT, maybe I can check the caps for you and maybe send them? check Jameco.com for the parts. I been using XFX since they were unpopular and never had an issue. I only burned one XFX 7900GT because I did the famous voltmod.

Are you using a generic PSU or an aftermarket?

You could always go buy an ATI and not worry about bs happening again....

Ya I'm very anti ati myself based on having to replace friends and fam cards that took like no abuse at all. I was also one of the schmucks who went through teething problems with the earlier cards before I quit and went to nvidia. Jaded me maybe.

The Intel vs AMD bang for buck is true for regular consumers but not for anyone comfortable. So out of the box no doubt AMD. Most Intels are way underclocked though, if you compare clocked performance Intel vs AMD, with comparably priced cpus, Intel knocks them out of the box. Although that means power usage too :-X, I personally don't care though lol.

Then there is the classic amd doesn't want to run this shit properly fun. Idk what in the world a AMD would run better.

Ya what to use is preference but the stats and track records aren't lol. People can use w/e they like, I'm just putting it out there.

Lol the war between amd vsintel & ATI vs NVIDIA.... to each his own. ATI has left a bad taste for me. I will only buy NVIDIA. intel is ok. I just like amd products. they seem to work better for me.

ill try and repair it and post how it goes.

Just remembered i had 2 more pcs in storage. They are at least 10+ years old. Drug one out and hooked it up, good enough to get me by on ratsun till i get that new video card :D

863 mhz, 512mb ram, onboard sound & video, 12xish cdrom lol. Its like im 16 again. Thing is a dinosaur! Think ill just run ubuntu and kill off this xp install...

Just remembered i had 2 more pcs in storage. They are at least 10+ years old. Drug one out and hooked it up, good enough to get me by on ratsun till i get that new video card :D

863 mhz, 512mb ram, onboard sound & video, 12xish cdrom lol. Its like im 16 again. Thing is a dinosaur! Think ill just run ubuntu and kill off this xp install...

LOL a Pentium III..... AT or ATX?