my arm hurts...

But it was freakin worth it.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

2 1/2 hours of outline and on jan 5th i go back in for another 2 1/2 hours of color and shading.

In the banner it's going to say "Heroes are forgotten but legends never die" for my brother who passed 3 years ago.

What do ya think?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who did your work 1Low620? thats a beautiful portrait

Place called " That Tattoo Shop " down here in Keizer Oregon, guy's name is Joshua Plance. Portrait is an oil painting I took him, he fell in love with it and only charged me $150. After he finished it, he asked if it would be ok to showcase the work, I ended up giving him my color copy I took for reference as I have the actual painting in my house.

Place called " That Tattoo Shop " down here in Keizer Oregon, guy's name is Joshua Plance. Portrait is an oil painting I took him, he fell in love with it and only charged me $150. After he finished it, he asked if it would be ok to showcase the work, I ended up giving him my color copy I took for reference as I have the actual painting in my house.

Ill deff be checking him out soon

1low620...That is some killer work. And cheap for a portrait of that quality.

For sure, honestly, the artist wasn't in it for the money, he fell in love with the painting when I brought it in to show him. I was basically looking at just getting a price as I thought it was going to be around the $700-900 range. When he said he loved the art and shot out $150 my jaw hit the floor and we set up the apt. the following weekend. Guy was awesome, he basically shut down his shop for the day just to do my tat and only for $150.

He did say if he were to do it again, it would cost around $1,000-1200.

The reason it took 2 1/2 hours is because he goes back over the lines 2 or 3 more times to fill them out. He calls it "sculpting" I call it "a lot of pain". Its really what makes his line work so clean.

The reason it was only a 2 1/2 hour session is because Chris's back hurt. All day he's hunched over tattooing people then goes home to hunch over his desk drawing out peoples tattoos. And it was his day off...

Ill make sure to post a picture once its all colored in. Chris's color always turns out incredible, lots of bright colors.

• 1 month later...

Looks bad ass man nice work!

as a response to the people saying your skin will reject ink after x number of hours. I have a total of around 65 hours of work done my longest session being 12 hours straight at a tattoo show. the only time i have rejected ink is 8 1/2 hours into a full wrap around arm piece my arm swelled so much that it wouldnt take any more ink the skin was to tight.

I love tats! keep em going!