Well now.. how about a Pre-76 courier

Looking to the next project.. First lemme say I love Datsun's and they're my #1 choice. However, I remember the Ford Courier being really popular back then too and it would be kind of neat to have both in my stable.

Any body else out there have a '76 or earlier Ford Courier? How ya like it? Parts availability? Pics?

Thanks! :D

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price, you can pick them up for under 1000.

any more than that even in top condition is to much. A lot of people considered them to be turds back in the day. I owned one and fond that out for myself. As for parts, they are slim pickins. You can find some stuff on ebay but its not that great. The old mazdas used the same parts of course.

I had an 81 with the 2.3 ford engine/5 speed. The thing ran great, everything worked. I cleaned it up well. I probably shouldnt have got rid of it but i traded it straight across for my 1963 F100.

Anyhow. Some junkyards have parts, ebay once and a while has some good stuff. For all other needs, check out http://www.fordcouriercollector.com

The guys that run there are as nice as the people here tho here people are more mechanically inclined. Theres some people on there that have a buncha parts for these that sell them at a decent price. Might even find yourself one on there. Depending on where your located, theres a pre 77 up in my area, looks to be in decent condition. Also i know of where one sits, its kind of behind a house and from waht i can see its in great shape. If your somewhat local i would be inclined to stop by and ask for you...

• 3 weeks later...

All that truck had of the Luv was the Body, It was sitting on a 90s toyota Frame and drive train....I just recnetly sold a full custom Luv. Chopped, shaved, V6,,Etc...Just didnt have room for it anymore....So love the Luvs, right next to the Datuns....And I prefer the 2nd generation courier/Mazdas....I havve one sitting in a barn in Lake Chelan,that by now I am sure it a home for Rats....I just get going on to many projects....

72luv005-2.jpg

84mazdalorider.jpg

The picture of the Mazda is before I moved it into the barn. This was abour 5 yras ago....and it still sits...Blown tranny...probly blown everything by now...

• 2 weeks later...