how much do you think its worth?

77 rustrat

wassup evryone ive got a 1980 280zx non turbo 10th aniversery edition numbered 330. full restore now i have seen them go upwards of 29000 but i was wonder ing if you had the money what would be a good price for this car. i was personnally thinking like 20 but dont know for sure any help would be much appretiated. i dont have pics because the car is still being restored.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$20? No, I think most of them in restored condition are worth $3000 to $5000.

$29,000 is extremely rare and probably not a restore. That would be an original low millage car... maybe 500 miles on it and stuck in a museum all its life. Those cars are worth slightly more than a standard 280ZX in whatever condition they are in. With minimal details and no pictures how can we really give you an accurate appraisal?

yeah ok i get it im just some punk ass kid who is trying to screw someone and i havent even done any research. then why the fuck do you think i asked a fucking question on here. to get some fucking advice not to get talked to like some punk. all the fuck you had to do is say naw probably 5000 you aint gotta be such a dick all the time.

Edited by 77 rustrat

77 RustRat,

I can understand your frustration if you are having this professionally restored by your last comment. ( it is a good way to go if one can afford to do so :-) , but I will never be able too and like doing my own work even if it looks like $%^ ! LOL !!!

Nice ! I would say that if you have the paperwork , owners manuals , documentation , matching numbers , etc.. you are in good shape to get full value out of the car. Sometime you have to wait for "the right buyer." What I mean by this is 6 months after deciding not to sell my 73 240z a guy walked up to my door , offered 30% more asking price than what I posted on craigslist ( I wanted $2,500 because of parts cost ) , and it wasn't posted for sale !

Right now around Portland,OR there are screaming , I mean screaming good deals for $1,000-$2,000 running , and driving dattos that I have been tearing my eyes out over not being able to make an offer on 2 of them. Some take more than a month to sell around here that last year or so because of the economy. Literally everything in my area is worth 1/2 of what is use to before it sells. But again 3 years ago my friends buddy had an original 78 Firebird, with build sheet , owners manaual , matching #'s, and re-matched paint 78 Firebird that sold for $7,800 cash from an older dude that wanted that one because he had one just like it in High School ! ( These things usually aren't worth too much , and the one he bought wasn't fully restored either )

Times are tight , if you can get the manuals , have , matching #'s, maintenance records maybe ? , then you have a full shot at getting most to full value of the car. Time are tight right now , and I say hold onto it so when things get better you get more money. A good example is my brother has a 1969 mustang with a 351 windsor smallblock ( built heavy with all paper work ! ) / and a 4 spd. Looking at the thing you would think it isn't worth more than $1,500 the way it sits , and let me tell you that last night we looked up the numbers to his original motor/ vin / buildcode / trans and HE HAS AN ALL MATCHING #'s ON THE CAR !!! INSTANT EXTRA VALUE !!! Me I drool all over this thing because it has dynoed horsepower documentated paperwork of 350+ horsepower being conservative.

If you really want that high figure , a lot of patience , don't cut corners , research research research for the people that desire that type of model , car , year , what all of that type have sold for in the past years as well as collectability and rareity. Remember that Nissan decided to take the 240z and restore a limited amount of them for Flagship dealership sales cars. As you know already are all to famaliar with Datto owners are practical in all ways of obtaining , maintaining , and collecting parts. The crown you are going to want to appeal to for that price probably won't be a member of this forum respectively. Anniversery editions are very nice , and another good way is too travel around the states , and start blowing up 280zx's to make your worth a #$%^ load ! :-)

If it were me First EBAY LIST IT , all documentation I could get my hands on , all photos , review photos , post a picture on the internet and hold a poll to see what people would pay , look at KBB and EDMUNDS for a base , described in detail as much as clear as possible what the car is about , leave all kinds of contact info , and sell sell sell

Just an honest response that is not misleading. What cars are in competition in the same class , price range , and type as the one I am trying to sell ? It is possible you can find a sweet nook , but your lowest estimate is going to have to dramatically come down. Trust me , I was planning to open a sporting goods business online , was in the works , economy fell , so did I !!! Just a friend rant .

Sorry for all the words people ! LOL ! I am detailed as #$^& on some things ! ( grandfather was an engineer , taught me to consider all options on everything )

Good Luck , I say keep it until economy is better , and when less are around like the 240z's

DTP

P.S ( Not trying to bust balls , you asked for advice , I am glad to help with my experiences and thoughts)