Fuel Injection

You can either call it a slow day, or me being completely worthless, but i have once again been reading everything i can find on the KA motor information. I am looking at boost application info, and reading some of the posts these guys have is blowing my mind. ECU's and MAF's and AFR's and EGT's....blowing my mind! i don't think i have had a headache like this since i took my ACT's (ok...another three letter acronym...sorry). To make matters worse, i foolishly got on the megasquirt website and tried to understand what those guys are doing. Those guys are programming geniouses! Sure, i am probably 2-3 years away from building my KA motor and putting it in my 620, but i was craving the knowledge. I am on the outside looking in at this point, but man, those guys know their stuff! I guess i can only hope that some of them take me under their wing like you guys have here and i can learn a bit of it. at this point though...man, i just don't know about it all. maybe 3 years from now though i will be posting screen shots of my laptop's stand alone fuel management system that i programmed...one can only hope!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it's better for you to do this now when the build is still in the future. if you already had the motor and had started gutting your 620 and you just discovered all this other information, then what would you do? whereas now, you can spend tons of hours reading and researching options and when it comes down to buying and building the KA you'll know just what you want, just how to achieve it and just exactly which parts to buy the first time.

i say keep it up.

Good luck getting assistance on megasquirt. I've heard nothing but bad things about trying to get help on their forum. It's a really cool system, just takes a lot of practice and PATIENCE to get tuned.

It's nice that you don't need to be told....RESEARCH! keep on readin'

You can either call it a slow day, or me being completely worthless, but i have once again been reading everything i can find on the KA motor information. I am looking at boost application info, and reading some of the posts these guys have is blowing my mind. ECU's and MAF's and AFR's and EGT's....blowing my mind! i don't think i have had a headache like this since i took my ACT's (ok...another three letter acronym...sorry). To make matters worse, i foolishly got on the megasquirt website and tried to understand what those guys are doing. Those guys are programming geniouses! Sure, i am probably 2-3 years away from building my KA motor and putting it in my 620, but i was craving the knowledge. I am on the outside looking in at this point, but man, those guys know their stuff! I guess i can only hope that some of them take me under their wing like you guys have here and i can learn a bit of it. at this point though...man, i just don't know about it all. maybe 3 years from now though i will be posting screen shots of my laptop's stand alone fuel management system that i programmed...one can only hope!

Tyler check out this Nissan EFI Only 7 wires to hook up!!!

http://datsun1200.com/modules/nsections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=99

It's better than a carb but without O2 sensors and "all that crap"

boosting around 15 pounds and making between 300-350whp...i'm going to have all the instrumentation and tuning that i can get! those guys recommend stand alone management at anything over 12psi. it wont be hard to piggy back the KA harness into the L harness from what you guys say, and the wiring part of putting in a stand alone system doesnt seem that bad (harnesses, pretty plug and play) is the PROGRAMMING that is going to get me i think. however, since i am taking this truck down to the frame to have it acid dipped, all the wiring has to come out. when it gets motor swap time, i will probably just use the entire 240sx harness...fuel pump to MAF sensor. i have also been looking at getting a painless universal kit for the accessories, but that will come in time. did i mention i dont even have my L running right yet? LOL....slow days and day dreaming can get you in a lot of trouble!!

Good luck getting assistance on megasquirt. I've heard nothing but bad things about trying to get help on their forum. It's a really cool system, just takes a lot of practice and PATIENCE to get tuned.

It's nice that you don't need to be told....RESEARCH! keep on readin'

Yeah it seems the sight has tons going on but the threads I read never have answers.... I want to know how to do ignition on my sr using the stock sensors. I guess basically I don't want EDIS it is convenient but not what I'm looking for. From what I found I have to wait until the COP board comes out. I do know a Megasquirt pro but I don't really know him good enough to bother him with my uneducated questions... I really want to run MS in my dime!!! I hate MAF's big time!!!!

Tyler check out this Nissan EFI Only 7 wires to hook up!!!

http://datsun1200.com/modules/nsections/index.php?op=viewarticle&artid=99

It's better than a carb but without O2 sensors and "all that crap"

Shit the ka is only like 8 wires, CD players have more wires :D

boosting around 15 pounds and making between 300-350whp...i'm going to have all the instrumentation and tuning that i can get! those guys recommend stand alone management at anything over 12psi. it wont be hard to piggy back the KA harness into the L harness from what you guys say, and the wiring part of putting in a stand alone system doesnt seem that bad (harnesses, pretty plug and play) is the PROGRAMMING that is going to get me i think. however, since i am taking this truck down to the frame to have it acid dipped, all the wiring has to come out. when it gets motor swap time, i will probably just use the entire 240sx harness...fuel pump to MAF sensor. i have also been looking at getting a painless universal kit for the accessories, but that will come in time. did i mention i dont even have my L running right yet? LOL....slow days and day dreaming can get you in a lot of trouble!!

Haha You remind me of me :D I tried the whole 240 harness once..... over 100 hrs and it was still a long ways off, I shit caned the idea due to way to many dead ended wires. The Painless seems like a good idea but I really don't see the advantage over the stock harness. Besides a better headlight circuit. I usually just add an extra fuse panel so if my car is in someone else's hands they will have an easier time ripping out all the add ons I did :D

seems that one of our Tuesday night regulars has figured out the trick to megasquirt. He might soon be a local master. Maybe if things work out well on the next few projects around here, someday I may finally run some infection on my L-motor...someday

Jeff, why not EDIS? We tried to run the KA-T hardbody using MS for fuel and the stock ECU for timing...it really needed that timing control!