• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• sedition88

• goes2fast

• datrod

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I think anyone who understands the term realizes a red neck can be found just about anywhere. The term WAS coined in reference to farmers of the south though lol.

You had better brush up on your history, Redneck and Turkey both originated in the 1800s when they were pushing to complete the trans american railroad. The Irish railroad workers were called Turkey necks, or Red necks, because they always had sun burnt necks from bending over lifting the rails and driving spikes. Now you know some real American History. :thumbup:
  • Like 1

Dont condescend to me like you were there or are a history prof. I learned different in school and looking now wiki backs what I was taught and not the shit you just yammered on about.

Its slang, it could have many different origins from many different areas.

Do your own learning before you try and teach or wax intellectual about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

Here to keep the thread on topic here is an appropriate ass lol

donkey.jpg

Dont condescend to me like you were there or are a history prof. I learned different in school and looking now wiki backs what I was taught and not the shit you just yammered on about.

Its slang, it could have many different origins from many different areas.

Do your own learning before you try and teach or wax intellectual about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

Do You have any idea how inaccurate wikipedia is? There is more things it's wrong about than right. Also, My grandfather was there so maybe bfore you get on your high horse, you may want to check your facts some where that goes back farther than 50 years. I know more history trivia aboput the 18th, 19th, and early 20th century than most, I've had 63 years to learn from a lot of people older than me, and reading a lot of books, not half assed internet sites, so I suggest you do like I did when I was young, and shut up and listen to your elders!

By the way, the old timers I learned from called you southern rednecks Hill Billys! :fu:

• Like 1

Wow I really dont want to argue about this but your so fucking condescending. Since you obviously have the "I've been alive older I must know more" complex I'm just going to move on.

For the record though I learned about the term in college. I only cited wiki as a reference.

Also I dont live in the south and your old folks home is wrong about the term hillbilly as well. It refers to the people living in the hills of the Appalachian. Just to clear that all up.

Also tristin no one said anything to you. I started the thread I know what its about. Post your pics and stfu.