My 79 King Cab Project

goes2fast

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good there Jim. Cant wait until the bedrails are done. I was trying to get to sleep last night but I kept on thinking what I wanted to do, to my 620.

Larry

Thanks Larry, It's finally starting to look like I want. A little more sanding and it will be ready for primer. I'm also working the dents out at the same time. Did you forget about the Jeep shirt I wanted?

Later, Jim. cool.gif

• 1 month later...
2eDeYe' date='04 August 2010 - 10:22 AM' timestamp='1280938972' post='334569']

That looks great. :D

Thanks, It's not going as fast as I would like. but I'm not a body man or rich enough to pay one, so I take my time and work at it till it looks good. :cool:

Thanks Larry, It's finally starting to look like I want. A little more sanding and it will be ready for primer. I'm also working the dents out at the same time. Did you forget about the Jeep shirt I wanted?

Later, Jim. cool.gif

Yes, LOL. Still want it?

Bed rails look good.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress has been slow, too much going on, but here are some pics of what it looks like now.

P9080316.jpg

Interior painted.

P9050314.jpg

Dash and steering wheel finally finished, Wheelskin leather cover laced on with "baseball" stitch.

P9050313.jpg

Also if anyone is interested, the nice seats with all the adjustments are from a Mazda 6 coupe, unfortunetly I didn't get the year, but they are very supportive and comfortable. :D

that is looking awesome. one day i'll get around to doing bodywork and such on mine. where'd you get the sway bar for the rear?

Thanks for the props, I'm slow, but at least it looks half way decent when I'm done. The bars are both Addco, from a guy on Ebay. if you buy both at once, he will cut you a better deal, I think I saved around $50 or 60. :cool:

• 6 months later...

Sorry for no updates for so long, I haven't done much for a while, because of trying to get things sorted out on the Lexus, and many problems. It is missing the EGR system, and one cat, so it will not pass smog. Seems that the JDM cars had no EGR, and I can't find domestic 2JZDTE intake and exhaust manifolds and related parts to put it on. The previous owner will not help in any way, so I'm going to have to take him to court, since the seller is responsible for smog in CO.

The 620 got rear ended last Friday on the way to work, so I'm going to have to start over on the tailgate. Luckily the tailgate is the only thing damaged, so it could have been worse, but still depressing as it takes me forever to do bodywork, I wish I was better at it! I will post progress photos and damage pics as well as soon as I can get them uploaded.

Sometimes I think if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any at all! :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...