My 79 King Cab Project

goes2fast

I've finally made some progress, Installed DGEV and passed smog, Installed shorter poly bump stops and lowered 3 inches, Got the front end aligned, and cut off the ugly tail pipe end and installed a polished stainless tip. Then I installed a window regulator in the drivers door (nice to be able to roll the window down finally) and installed sound deadener/insulation. If I can get it to work this time, I'll post pics of progress.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I load the pics, everything looks good. Then when I hit post, they disappear?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't get it to work, every time I try to post a pic from photo bucket I get an error message; YOU MUST ENTER A POST. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, it worked fine when I posted my first project photos.:(

I still can't get it to work, every time I try to post a pic from photo bucket I get an error message; YOU MUST ENTER A POST. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, it worked fine when I posted my first project photos.:(

copy and paste the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Read the instructions posted above. Your link is to a page, not to the image itself like outlined in the instructions for posting pictures. I even put images up of what it looks like on Photobucket.

I'm still unsure how anyone could be confused unless they just refuse to carefully read the instructions provided.

postpics4.jpg

postpics5.jpg

postpics6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Read the instructions posted above. Your link is to a page, not to the image itself like outlined in the instructions for posting pictures. I even put images up of what it looks like on Photobucket.

I'm still unsure how anyone could be confused unless they just refuse to carefully read the instructions provided.

postpics4.jpg

postpics5.jpg

postpics6.jpg

Thanks Bleach, I'll try again. It sucks getting old and not remembering how you did something a week ago!

Lowered3in.jpg

WeberDGEV.jpg

DoorInsulated.jpg

Newrearview.jpg

I got some more done Saturday and will post photos as soon as I get a chance. I pulled the radiator, and everything off the pass. inner fender, then cleaned the rust and corrosion from the battery area. After that I sprayed all the rusty areas with Eastwood Rust Converter to stop the rust, and scuffed all the paint, then sprayed it all satin black. I will do the drivers side when the weather warms up again, then I can install my aluminum radiator, new hoses. and get it running again. I got some work done on the interior also, finished the floor insulation, and got my Mazda 6 coupe seats installed. They make a very good fit for a KC, the drivers has quite a few adjustments for comfort, and the pass. side automaticly slides forward when you flip the backrest to make it easy to load behind the seats. Both seats have storage pockets on the back side also. The only mistake I made was not finding out what year the car that I got them out of was, so when funds permit, I can order Katskin leather covers for them. The factory cloth is in exellent shape, but real leather smells and feels sooooo good. I also got the cracks in my steering wheel repaired and put it back together. I am planning on gluing on some foam padding, then lacing on a Wheelskin leather cover since you can't replicate the fake wood finish, and I replaced the fake wood shift knob with a leather covered one. Next on the interior will be installing the power door lock units and running the wires so I can put the door panels back on. Then it will be drivable while I do other improvements. I plan to do all the body work, have it in primer, and have the interior finished before I pull everything off the frame to do a air ride conversion, mount the KA and matching trans, and paint the frame. Then paint the cab and bed and reassemble. Boy do I have a lot of work ahead!:blink:

• 1 month later...

I'm back from the hospital, and finally able to do a little light work on my KC. I'm on a 10lb restriction so there isn't a lot I can do.

NewSeats.jpg

NewSeats2.jpg

These are the Mazda 6 Coupe seats I installed just before I went to the hospital

BrokenDasharrival.jpg

This is what the dash looked like when I received it.

MissingDashPiece.jpg

Sorry this is blurry, but the meds I'm on make it hard to hold the camera steady. This is the piece I'm missing to complete the dash, if anyone has a broken dash insert that still has this part, I would like to buy it so my dash will be complete.

023.jpg

This is what my Dash restoration looks now, just need that tab that goes over the heater control and it will look fairly good.

Later B)

• 1 month later...

OK, I finally made some real progress on my truck, back is feeling a lot better. I installed the rebuilt dash, and heater. Cleaned and resealed all the ducts. I installed longer studs in the front hubs, machined them for the new wheels, repacked the wheel bearings, and installed new KYB Gas Adjust Shocks in the front. Last week I polished a Datsun L18 valve cover I picked up a while back. I will be installing it when I adjust the valves next time. Also I've been beating on the dents when I've been in the mood. Here are the latest photos of some of what I've got done. :cool:

P5220035.jpg

P5220033.jpg

79KC1.jpg

P5220019.jpg

Here is what I have been up to lately, still slow going as my back still get's tired fast. I have dehooked the bed, gotten all the major dents out of the wheels in the bed, and tacked the first filler panel in place to make the bed contour match the cab. I'm also cleaning the underside of the wheel wells of the undercoating and rust, so that I can repaint them and coat with spray on bed liner. cool.gif

Dehooked.jpg

Bedfillertacked.jpg

I finally got my Flowmaster Super 44 and installed it yesterday, today I'm making mods to the custom alternator mount I had made to put on a 280ZX alternator, to get it to clear the oil pump. cool.gif

It's been my lucky week, I guess, my Addco sway bars came on Friday, I got them installed, and I can't wait for the first drive, the front is the same size as the one I bought for my 57 Chevy 1 inch! That should give me some really flat cornering. Also my brackets for the rear disc conversion came from Bee, but he didn't include the list of components I need to go with them, so I can't buy anything to complete my parts collection before I start taking the old drums off. If all goes right this should be a fun truck to drive, and I might even go to one of Bob's autocross events and give it a shot. I haven't autocrossed since the 70s, I'll have to learn all over again. cool.gif

2eDeYe' date='14 June 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1276527070' post='314332']

I can't wait to see how the bedside turns out :cool:

You just need the calipers and rotors from a 1990ish (I think) Izusu Trooper. The big squarish looking ones. :)

Thanks Steve, Jason emailed the instructions to me last night, so I'm all set. I haven't seen anything posted about your KC in a long time, what's going on with it? confused1.gif

Here are some update photos of what I've been doing in the last week, mostly working on the bedrails. For you guys that are against dehooking, I am putting aircraft tie downs that are removable inside the bed. That is the way I did my 76 and they work much better than the hooks as there are a lot more location options, and when not using them, there is only a small button in the locations. cool.gif

Tailgatefiller2.jpg

Filledend2.jpg

Filledend.jpg

Addcorearaxlemount.jpg

Addcorearbaron620.jpg